Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Is there a forum for finding a freelancer?

• Macmaster
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Is there a forum for finding a freelancer?

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • Hi,

I'm sure in the past I saw a section of the forum on here where I can find a freelancer for some template customisation work. Is it no longer around? If not, can anyone reccommend and good websites?

Many thanks.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Is there a forum for finding a freelancer?

• That would be the "marketplace" forum and you will only be able to see/post in there if you have a developer subscription.

You subscription appears to have expired.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Brian Peat
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla and Wordpress site developer

• I was looking for a way to private message you and can't find it (wondering if this new RT site removed it?). No idea if it's against the rules for me to reply with my contact info, but if you want to reach me, I do freelance 100% now, and it's all joomla. Shoot me an email. My website (yes it's old, but I've been spending time on OTHER people's sites for the last few years) has my contact info on it.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Brian Peat.
    • Brian Peat
      Peat Creative
      peatcreative.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You use the secure tab of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Brian Peat
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Ah, nice to know. Anyway, it's in my sig, so no big deal. I'd imagine this post might get deleted anyway as RT isn't going to want a giant freelance thread popping up in the general forum :)
    • Brian Peat
      Peat Creative
      peatcreative.com
    • Macmaster
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks Mr T, that makes sense! I will renew my subscription.

Thanks for replying Brian, I have sent you an email.
    • Decioy

• MrT wrote:
      That would be the "marketplace" forum and you will only be able to see/post in there if you have a developer subscription.

You subscription appears to have expired.

Regards, Mark.

I was having the exact same issue, tks for the clarification. My subscription has also expired. But I have to say that it doesn't make much sense to me, that I need a subscription to try to find someone to help. Specially, as is my case, I don't want to deal with the technical stuff anymore, and just want to find someone who understand my theme to take over.

Question: Do I need a developer subscription for that or just a basic subscription would allow me to view the forum?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• One of the main "features" of a DEVELOPER subscription is that you can answer posts in the "marketplace forum". That is why DEVS pay the extra money for their subscription.

Regards, Mark.
    • Brian Peat
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Wow, I never even noticed I can't post in the marketplace any longer. I dropped my full Dev sub down to a regular sub late last year because I just wasn't using RT templates as much and needed to save the money. Anyway, at this point there's pretty much one member bombing the marketplace with replies anyway, so I didn't much see the point in bothering to post in there any more. It's his own little personal marketing space at this point.
    • Brian Peat
      Peat Creative
      peatcreative.com

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds