Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Search facility for Restaurant review site

• Search facility for Restaurant review site

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Hello everybody.

My client wants to write reviews on restaurants and have them searchable by two different criterea; food type and price range via drop down menu. For example a user may want to search for an Italian Restaurant - Mid range price.

Any advice on what's the best way to do this and whether any of the Rocket theme extensions will do this for me?

Your help would be greatly appreciated as always.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Search facility for Restaurant review site

• There is an extension called Mosets Tree that is a directory listing extension and it has review capability. see it on JED
  • Re: Search facility for Restaurant review site

• Thanks for the recomendation.

Is there not a way to do this within the Rocket theme resources? I was hoping that each review post could be tagged or labelled in some way with the appropiate type eg italian + mid range price, and when this criterea could be selected via a drop down, then all posts that had been labelled Italian + mid range would display.

Or alternatively possibly use Roksprocket, as I have seen you can tag items and have them sorted accordingly. Not sure if this would work for more than one criteria though.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Sorry, not as far as I know.

• Hi

I'm not sure I'm explaining myself properly.

Roksprocket allows you to tag arlicles where they can be filtered on the front end by a user by clicking on the "ordering buttons" (see attachements)

My thoughts were that previews of the reviews could be displayed in Roksprocket Mosaic mode.

No? Is that a bad idea? Would it work for an unlimited amount of articles?
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• well I do not know as far as the "unlimited" portion goes. It should work for as many articles as are assigned or filtered in but "unlimited" may change things after 5 million I can't say for sure but theoretically yes.

However, how is that info going to get entered. Is an admin or author going to add that info into articles or are you wanting visitors to create articles?

• Hi.

It would be an admin adding articles.
    • cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• well an admin can certainly add articles and include whatever content they want in the description.

• Hi again

Yes I know an admin can add articles etc. I guess I'm looking for an endorsement from an experienced person such as yourself, that doing it this way would be a good idea or a bad idea :-)

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds