Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RocketTheme and Extension Update

• W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED RocketTheme and Extension Update

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • As part of the routine work on my site while I am updating Joomla I check extensions. I have noticed that in process of updating a number of domains and sub-domains I do not consistently get all the appropriate RT Updates. For example tonight only 1 site updated Gantry form 4.1.20 to 4.1.25. While I am doing this I want all the updates and some of my ROK extensions do not seem 100% current. When I click find update it says no updates found. It shouldn't matter because all of this is free but I am authenticated.
      Scratching head!
      Wallace
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by W Shealy. Reason: Solved
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RocketTheme and Extension Update

• For one of the sites where this issue exists - please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to W Shealy, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by W Shealy.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• W Shealy wrote:

I think you may have an issue with your PowerAdmin component. When I look at your headers on pressing "Find Updates" I see this:

Set-Cookie:jsn-poweradmin-default-layout=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; Max-Age=0
      Set-Cookie:session-disable-warning=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; Max-Age=0
      Set-Cookie:jsn-poweradmin-page-key=option%3Dcom_installer%26view%3Dupdate
      Set-Cookie:jsn-poweradmin-default-view=update
      Set-Cookie:session-warning-time=1
      Set-Cookie:jsn-poweradmin-referer-page=http%3A%2F%2Fcarolina-mountain-living.com%2Fadministrator%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_installer%26view%3Dupdate
      Set-Cookie:session-life-time=120
      Set-Cookie:last-request-time=1409030333
      Set-Cookie:session-infinite=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; Max-Age=0

So it looks like PowerAdmin is intercepting the update command. I tried to disable as a debug test but I can't because when PowerAdmin installed itself it made the plugin "System - JSN PowerAdmin" a Joomla protected extension so it's untouchable. I HATE when developers do that.

If you can figure out how to disable PowerAdmin then I would give that a try.
    • The following users have thanked you: W Shealy, MrT

• W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I deleted Power Admin. Still not updating.
      Thanks
      Wallace
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Honestly I don't know why that is not showing the updates. But it would be interesting to look at your joomla updates tables with phpmyadmin.

Can you provide access details please.

Possibly this might be a firewall issue too blocking external link access checks?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• W Shealy wrote:
      I deleted Power Admin. Still not updating.
      Thanks
      Wallace

So with PowerAdmin out of the way, I want you to please run a mysql query for me. To make this easier I've attached a php file in ZIP format.
      Extract "update-sites-query.php" to your HDD and edit it a little before uploading it to your root folder.

Using a straight text editor modify these lines in terms of your access info:
      $username="your_dbusername";
      $password="your_dbpassword";
      $dbname="your_dbusername";

Then SAVE the file and upload it to your Joomla_Root folder and then simply run "update-sites-query.php" from a browser URL.

My local Plethora which updates correctly produced these results:

Update Site: updates.rockettheme.com/joomla/updates.xml
      Update Site: www.gantry-framework.org/updates/joomla16/gantry.xml
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by DanG.
    • The following users have thanked you: W Shealy

• W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I wasn't able to get site-update-query.php to work. However, it got me looking at MySQL Admin panel and the site records. I noticed that several were disable and I enabled them. Amazingly the updates showed and everything updated fine.
      Thanks!
      Wallace
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Could you just expand on that for benefit of other members - what exactly was disabled? Could you add a screenshot to help others?

Regards, Mark.
    • W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED RocketTheme and Extension Update

Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    • This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

If you go to your phpMyAdmin panel and find the prefix_update_sites table.
      You will see a column for enabled. A 0 means disabled and Update will not check these sites for updates.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

By clicking edit and changing enabled to 1 the next time you do an Update these sites are checked and you are shown updates to install. The timestamp is also updated.

This field is set to zero if Update does not find a valid update and you may have to edit the actual domain if it is incorrectly pointed. In earlier version of Joomla it was easier to reset these from the backend. It seem that if they were disabled and Joomla was updated manual enabling them may be required. The change worked like a charm.
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds