Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Roksprocket module

• Roksprocket module

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • First off, I'd like to say I'm pretty happy with the new features to roksprocket. On a brand new site though, I updated roksprocket to the newest version, and now cannot create such a module. Could anybody provide some insight in to what's wrong here, and how I could about fixing it? I'm not able to select any layout or content provider. Inputting all fields at the top such as title, position, etc then clicking continue at the bottom does not do anything. Nothing happens whatsoever. The screenshot attached is what I see when trying to create a roksprocket module.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Roksprocket module

• merrittman wrote:
      First off, I'd like to say I'm pretty happy with the new features to roksprocket. On a brand new site though, I updated roksprocket to the newest version, and now cannot create such a module. Could anybody provide some insight in to what's wrong here, and how I could about fixing it? I'm not able to select any layout or content provider. Inputting all fields at the top such as title, position, etc then clicking continue at the bottom does not do anything. Nothing happens whatsoever. The screenshot attached is what I see when trying to create a roksprocket module.

Check here -> Admin -> Extend or Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Manage -> WARNINGS
      Then set Admin -> Site or System -> Global Configuration -> Server -> Error Reporting -> set to MAXIMUM and see if there are error messages when you try to open the module.
      Also check -> Admin -> Site or System -> System Information -> PHP Information -> Core -> memory_limit. It should be a minimum of 64MB or preferably higher.
  • Re: Roksprocket module

• DanG wrote:
      merrittman wrote:
      First off, I'd like to say I'm pretty happy with the new features to roksprocket. On a brand new site though, I updated roksprocket to the newest version, and now cannot create such a module. Could anybody provide some insight in to what's wrong here, and how I could about fixing it? I'm not able to select any layout or content provider. Inputting all fields at the top such as title, position, etc then clicking continue at the bottom does not do anything. Nothing happens whatsoever. The screenshot attached is what I see when trying to create a roksprocket module.

Check here -> Admin -> Extend or Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Manage -> WARNINGS
      Then set Admin -> Site or System -> Global Configuration -> Server -> Error Reporting -> set to MAXIMUM and see if there are error messages when you try to open the module.
      Also check -> Admin -> Site or System -> System Information -> PHP Information -> Core -> memory_limit. It should be a minimum of 64MB or preferably higher.

In Joomla, I checked for warnings and there were none. I did set the error reporting to maximum then tried to create a new module. There were no error messages and the screen was identical to the screenshot I posted earlier. In core, it states that it is 512M
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• merrittman wrote:
      In Joomla, I checked for warnings and there were none. I did set the error reporting to maximum then tried to create a new module. There were no error messages and the screen was identical to the screenshot I posted earlier. In core, it states that it is 512M

Backup your site with a free copy of Akeeba backup
      Make one of the Joomla templates your Default.
      Go to Extension Manager -> Manage -> uninstall Gantry
      Reinstall the latest version of Gantry
      Set back to your Rockettheme template.
      Reinstall using a fresh copy of RokSprocket.

• DanG wrote:
      merrittman wrote:

Backup your site with a free copy of Akeeba backup
      Make one of the Joomla templates your Default.
      Go to Extension Manager -> Manage -> uninstall Gantry
      Reinstall the latest version of Gantry
      Set back to your Rockettheme template.
      Reinstall using a fresh copy of RokSprocket.

I hate to sound like an idiot, but which one do I uninstall? I attached a screenshot of the several gantry's I see in extension manager > manage. Thanks in advance.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• merrittman wrote:
      I hate to sound like an idiot, but which one do I uninstall? I attached a screenshot of the several gantry's I see in extension manager > manage. Thanks in advance.

No my bad, I have a hard time gauging the level of expertise of our members until I've interacted with them a few times. What I should have said is check ALL the Gantry search results and uninstall them.
      Then download a fresh copy of Gantry and reinstall.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by DanG.

• Ok thank you. I will try that : )

• I followed your steps to the T and still have the same issue.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• merrittman wrote:
      I followed your steps to the T and still have the same issue.

Would you please create a Super Admin login for me along with FTP access info and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so that I can take a look.

• DanG wrote:
      merrittman wrote:
      I followed your steps to the T and still have the same issue.

Would you please create a Super Admin login for me along with FTP access info and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so that I can take a look.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by merrittman.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds