Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Roksprocket Ordering buttons re-appear

• Bart v D
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Roksprocket Ordering buttons re-appear

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • I am not able to dismiss the display of the ordering buttons in my Rokprocket mosaic by removing all types of ordering.

I know this issue has been launched in a few posts before, but it has not been solved in the latest version.

When will this bug be solved or is there a solution of it? I use RS version 2.1.1.

Bart
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Roksprocket Ordering buttons re-appear

• It should work just fine... post your Super User credentials in the secure tab along with the name of the module
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Bart v D
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Matt, moderators and administrators
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I logged in, went to module manager, went to the "RS Telematics Solutions" Mosaic module -- I unassigned it from the Copyright - Home menu (I don't think that really matters... but it was unneeded) and I removed the all the ordering options, clicked saved, and closed...

alls well..

I did this in the latest version of Chrome on a Windows 7 machine
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Bart v D
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• They did indeed not show up, but today I discovered that the buttons appeared again. I have removed the ordering settings but I assume the buttons will come back after a few days. This problem aleady lasts for a few years and I think it is a bug that has never been solved.

Bart
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Bart v D.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I guess I haven't seen note of that...

TONS AND TONS of updates in RokSprocket 2.1.2 which was just released... the Changelog seems to indicate some fixes that could be what you're talking about... give it a shot
  • Re: Roksprocket Ordering buttons re-appear

• I just did an update to 2.1.2, but its still the same.

Just save the changes and open the module again, the ordering reappears.
    • Bart v D
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Same here after the update to 2.1.2. The bug lasts since the release of the Chapelco template and the Roksprocket module few years ago. It has never been solved dispite many posts.

Bart
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Bart v D.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Ok... so I found an old ticket on it... it's expected behavior:

The backend default for Ordering is to display all possible ordering options... If you remove 2 or even 3 of them; so long as there's at least 1 option, that option will persist in the backend... but when you completely blank that field out, save, and reopen it reverts to the "default" since it effectively has no value...

note also that when you remove all the options from the backend it does indeed remove them from the frontend...

So while it's not a "bug", it's working as designed... I get it, it becomes frustrating when the option you want is to have NO ordering buttons and every time you open the module the "default" of all options gets populated... and then when you save, that "default" option gets saved and all ordering buttons are back meaning you must manually remember to remove them prior to saving changes, which is a pain... note also that if you "cancel" out the module you'll be fine still

So I'm seeing about adding this as a feature request, rather than a bug ticket, which was closed previously as "working as designed"
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: Low Speed Ventilation

• Re: Roksprocket Ordering buttons re-appear

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • So is there a way to hardcode the default to "none"?

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds