Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Roksprocket Ordering buttons re-appear

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Roksprocket Ordering buttons re-appear

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Unfortunately I'm not a developer and I'm not sure how to accomplish that or if it's even advisable
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • hi there,

like matt explained already, right now it's not possible to remove all options in the module settings.
      the best workaround is to just hide the ordering options via css, something like:
      .sprocket-mosaic-order li {
          display: none;
      }
      should work.

kat :)
    • Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Kat05.
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: Roksprocket Ordering buttons re-appear

Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    • Hi folks ,

I followed this for the Mosaic particles and it works fine. However the 4 default tags still load in to the backend and unless I remember to delete them every time I modify the particle, up they pop again. Is there any way to remove them entirely? I am using this particle just to show images with headings and description below them in an array.

thanks,

Paula
    • Do'er of stuff
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Kat's code will work on RokSprocket... are you using RokSprocket or the Mosaic Particle? If you're using the Mosaic Particle then this would be the wrong thread to post on... in that case, please open a new thread in the appropriate Theme forum
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Hi Matt,

Ok cool. I thought Mosaic was a form of RokSprocket. I'll open another. Every day's a school day :)
    • Do'er of stuff
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• RokSprocket has a Mosaic Layout for sure... RokSprocket is a Joomla Extension though where-as the Mosaic Particle that many of our G5 Templates feature is a Gantry 5 Particle -- docs.gantry.org/gantry5/particles/particles

:)

• Aah, then in that case I think it was ok as its Acacia im using and I think thats G4.

ive opened another thread in any case and its in progress.

thanks for your help :)
    • Do'er of stuff
    • 3by400, Inc.
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web sites that work

Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
    • This is still an issue in the latest version of RokSprocket and something we've been fighting with for a while across our many sites that use RokSprocket.

If I save settings as my desired configuration, it doesn't seem to be good practice to override my desired configuration of the module. That may be 'expected' by the developer, but its not expected by the site admin.

Also, I think its important to point out that the Ordering only reappears when the module is closed and reopened. If I simply "save" and remain in the module the ordering doesn't reappear. This inconsistent behavior would be considered a bug, in my opinion. If the module doesn't reset the Ordering after a save, why does it reset the ordering after the module is closed and reopened? It seems to make sense to have the module behave the same way when its reopened as it does when its saved.

I understand that we can simply hide the ordering with CSS, however, the module really should honor the settings we've configured without us needing to intervene with CSS, don't you think?
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by 3by400, Inc..
    • The 3by400 Team
      Websites that work. Marketing that matters.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
    • It's because of Joomla check-in/check-out

CSS really is the best way to go here. If you need help with custom CSS to hide/show some but not all items let me know.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds