Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

viewing on various devices - problems with menus especially

• viewing on various devices - problems with menus especially

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • I LOVE Rockettheme templates, but it seems almost every template I use I have problems with it working properly on different devices - desktop, iPad, iPhone, etc.

I'm sure this is a huge problem with most users, and I wonder if there could be something added - whether it be an add on to all templates, or a plugin that would make the templates work properly with mobile devices.

The responsive support classes ( www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/basic/re...e_support_classes.md ) are outdated. For example, on an iPad in horizontal mode, I have to use the desktop class, for it in portrait mode, I use the tablet class. However, I also need to use the tablet class for iPhone. For desktop, I have to use the large class.

It would save me hours of my time trying to fix, and a lot of time for your amazing forum folk if this could be solved without opening up a question in the forum each time.

Menu's should work on different size devices without any work, however, I'm currently struggling to get a menu to stay on one line when viewed on an iPad.

It's very frustrating and time consuming, when it really ought to be baked in.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: viewing on various devices - problems with menus especially

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • An Ipad in landscape mode is exactly the same as large display size - the media queries (and therefore our responsive support classes) only detect viewport size not physical device.

You have to design your content to behave responsively too - the template can't do everything for you.

I've also just answered two of your other posts regarding keeping the menu on one line.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds