Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Difference between "responsive rocket launcher" and "rocket launcher"

• mjkahngr
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Difference between "responsive rocket launcher" and "rocket launcher"

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • What is the difference between "responsive rocket launcher" and "rocket launcher?"

I am rebuilding a site with a clean install on a new server that was originally built in Ionoshpere. We want to use the same template we originally had, and use the existing database. I am confused as to which version of rocket launcher I should use and what the differences are between the two.

Thanks in advance for shedding insight on this.
    • Mitch
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: Difference between "responsive rocket launcher" and "rocket launcher"

• Very simple. Responsive RL package comes with the responsive version of the template and RL package comes with normal fixed width version of the template
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
    • mjkahngr
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Igor, I appreciate the reply.

What exactly is a "responsive" version? I can't seem to find the term when I search the web site or forum.

If the responsive version (whatever that is) is not "fixed width" what can be expected if I port a site using a clean install of the same 2.5 template that earlier was NOT a 2.5 "responsive" template to the responsive version? Is this likely to cause problem?

Thank you for helping me to understand.
    • Mitch
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Responsive relates to the ability of the template to adapt to various device screen sizes (which is how we have done things for the past couple of years) as opposed to being 'fixed-width' with a mobile view (which is how we used to do things).

More detailed information can be found here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design
      mjkahngr wrote:
      Igor, I appreciate the reply.

What exactly is a "responsive" version? I can't seem to find the term when I search the web site or forum.

If the responsive version (whatever that is) is not "fixed width" what can be expected if I port a site using a clean install of the same 2.5 template that earlier was NOT a 2.5 "responsive" template to the responsive version? Is this likely to cause problem?

Thank you for helping me to understand.
    • The following users have thanked you: mjkahngr

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds