Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokUpdater Fix?

• SOLVED RokUpdater Fix?

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Dear RT,

I am one of your greatest fans and have been a developer with you for over 6 years. Your RokUpdater is an unmitigated disaster for developers, and your continued lack of response to developer questions is quite frankly, alarming!

There is no way you can expect a developer to give out his or her RocketTheme username & password. If we do, you will have defeated your own attempt to stop template pirates. If your decision is to no longer work with developers, opting instead for per template purchases, then tell us!

Your lack of response to developers who weekly have to log into client sites and do updates for them is affecting our productivity.

RocketTheme your silence on the RokUpdater always requiring re-credentialling is deafening!
    • Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by NativeRadio.
    • "When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble."
      ~ Buddha ~
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokUpdater Fix?

• Well sorry your frustrated - but I don't quite understand what the actual issue is.

1. rokupdater is only required to update PAID extensions.
      2. There are currently no PAID extensions - when RTV3 was released we made all current extensions FREE.

So, you can uninstall rokupdater altogether and you will continue to see and be able to install all our current extensions. So, no need to share your rockettheme account with any of your clients are all.

I hope that I have understood your question correctly and that my answer clarifies things for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: NativeRadio

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: RokUpdater Fix?

• Hi Mark,

Thanks as always for your quick responses. Great! Question. Is this response posted anywhere? How did I and many others miss this response?

Just so you know, there are multiple threads asking the very same question I did and there has never been a response other than "it's been reported to the mods."

For instance: www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-extensi...king-me-authenticate

Thanks again Mark, that made my morning!
    • "When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble."
      ~ Buddha ~
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokUpdater Fix?

• Well, I'm not really sure why there's not a reply there, other than to say sometimes things get overlooked (not an excuse, but it happens). But there is generally a lot of misunderstanding about rokupdater http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/general-discussion/221977-rokupdater-fix/reply/1090984 , you'll see the same explanation was proferred therein.

Let me make it clear:
      1. At present (because we don't have any PAID extensions) you do not need rokupdater at all.
      2. Rokupdater is not a "BIG BROTHER" device to monitor what you use on websites. The only reason that you authenticate within rokupdater is to confirm that you have a current membership and would be entitled to download the PAID extension update.
      3. There have been some small issues with rokupdater requiring re-authentication more often than is necessary - we believe we have fixed all of these issues. But in any case for now you can simply uninstall rokupdater.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: NativeRadio

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds