Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

override CSS style that is with an "!important" in compiled

• shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

override CSS style that is with an "!important" in compiled

Posted 10 years 7 months ago
    • So I have this RokSprocket Strips module on my website, what I want to do is simply changing the navigation arrows' styles. When I try to change their mouse-over styles, I found this
      .sprocket-strips .arrow:hover{background: #71C2A1 !important;}
      in file master-35e1b245b950d5fb57ca9a505e40d8e0.css, It seems to me there is no way to override this in [templatename]-custom.css file, I have tried add many selectors and !important to the style as well but none worked. Do I have to modify the compiled CSS file?

And since I'm already asking this, it is a good time for me to finally understand how this compiled CSS file works. I have got several questions which I still need explanations after I read those articles about LESS:
      1)I think I was once told that to modify the compiled CSS file is not good, cause the system will automatically re-generate the compiled CSS files based on LESS and CSS files, which will obsolete my change. Is that true? Cause I did try to make some direct modifcation to the compiled CSS files and it has been a few months things still look good.
      2)In the template setting page, there is a section called "less compiler", does it indicate the compiling system only work with LESS files? and how does the options in this section work?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: override CSS style that is with an "!important" in compiled

Posted 10 years 7 months ago
    • You've been lucky if your changes have remained. As soon as any ONE file in the list of files the compiler uses gets changed a new master-553bj5b3kk3.css is generated and all your changes are LOST.

Please see the section www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/j...-less-files-compiled ? for a better understanding on compiled files.

As for the the "!important" attribute a second one for the same CSS statement won't overwrite the original. The way to get around it is to specify your code a little differently so your statement is more specific thus having the highest priority.

Try this:
      In your rt_templatename-custom.css <-{Click the LINK} file add this:
      .sprocket-strips-nav .sprocket-strips-arrows .arrow:hover {
           background: #FF0000;
      }
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: override CSS style that is with an "!important" in compiled

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Have you been able to resolve this issue or do you still require assistance?

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds