*** ORIGINAL POST BY MODERATOR DANG ****
1. Include your Web URL
If this is a site that is online could you please supply a link so we can better diagnose the issue?
It makes our suggestions more accurate if we see the actual coding of your site.
Since we're located globally by the time you finally get a link to us it could mean a day or two lost in the wait.
If it requires privacy, only then contact us by PM.
2. PM'ing Moderators
DO NOT send PM's to Moderators unless requested to do so. If we need your info, please use this format:
- your thread link
- website URL
- UserName and Password for Admin access
- and if required FTP login details.
3. Info we need to give you Express HELP
Save time and money. Copy this to your post and your on your way to helping yourself to get your issue resolved QUICKER!
- My website URL is: http://www.mysite.com
- My Joomla version number is J-x.x.x
- My Rockettheme template version number is: x.x.x
- My RocketLauncher version number is: x.x.x
- My Rok-extension version number is: x.x.x running on template [u]rt_template-name[/u]
- My Gantry version number is x.x.xx
My issue is:
4. Please leave compression turned OFF
NEVER have caching or compression turned ON while developing, because:
a) you can always test to see if these processes work early on after install but turn them OFF while actually developing. Otherwise you'll find yourself making changes in the back-end but not seeing them in the front-end.
After development and during debugging before going live you can turn them back on again.
b) it makes it much harder for us to help you when caching and compression is ON. We can't see the contents of your cache and we have no clue what CSS file css-62772285f72c78f6d865166b5edd82f6.php refers to ???
For an excellent explanation of caching systems see this article by Andy ->
5. Marking your threads as Solved
Once your issue is resolved, PLEASE! mark your FIRST
POST in the thread as Solved. This makes it so much easier to find and address other members issues and those of yours.
It makes it so much easier on our end to find and help unSolved posts if Solved issues have that magical green check
So save a Moderators eyesight, when we or a member helps you resolve an issue, PLEASE mark it SOLVED.
6. Quick LINKS - Quick ANSWERS
, your answer is probably here!
7. FireBug/Web Inspector - your Friend!
, Great Development Tool
8. Rockettheme Magazine - become a better developer
Check out our new
for must-know information!