Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Failure to Rocket Launch...

• SOLVED Failure to Rocket Launch...

Posted 10 years 11 months ago
    • I've been trying to deploy a new install with Alerion, and I keep getting the following error:

Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Could not connect to MySQL.

I did it with no DB created, tried creating a DB and a user... still, can't move past that step. Also changed it to MySQL instead of MySQLi... tried Postgre, too.
    • Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Lane Bailey.
    • Need real estate in the Atlanta, GA area?
      www.GarageHomesUSA.com
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Failure to Rocket Launch...

• Are you trying to upload to a host or a localserver? Either way if you get the "Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number" then you are entering the wrong details in the DB config window. Check very carefully.
  • Re: SOLVED Failure to Rocket Launch...

• I have done this over and over, and on no other install have I had this many issues. I've done several plain Joomla installs without incident... it is only this Rocketlauncher install that is giving me fits.

I have changed and simplified the passwords to make sure there isn't an entry mistake. All of the other information matches. I have managed to get other responses, but none of the changes have worked... changing permissions gives a different error... but still no solutions.
      www.GarageHomesUSA.com

• An error occurred while trying to create the database ghusa.
      The user may not have enough privileges to create a database. The required database may need to be created separately before you can install Joomla!.

If I change the username, this is the message. So, I created that username in the DB manager... gave it full privileges. Still not enough...
      www.GarageHomesUSA.com
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Lane Bailey wrote:
      An error occurred while trying to create the database ghusa.
      The user may not have enough privileges to create a database. The required database may need to be created separately before you can install Joomla!.

If I change the username, this is the message. So, I created that username in the DB manager... gave it full privileges. Still not enough...
      Ok...let's try this - grab a copy of J25 here -> joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/17...ble-Full_Package.zip
      and try to install it.

• OK, I got the launcher past that step. My host apparently has a little more to the DB name than they let on...
      On my DB list it is:
      example_name
      What I had to allow it to do is"
      sovdfb_example_name

When I looked at previous installs and experimental installs, NONE of them showed the random letters in the front, only:
      example_name

Now it is on the installation screen and might be hanging up there. How long should it hang on that screen?
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
      www.GarageHomesUSA.com

• Reloaded the page, went through all of the screens again, and it loaded. Woot... I guess I have it licked...

Thank you for your help. Host said it was you guys, but they were wrong. 8)
      www.GarageHomesUSA.com
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Lane Bailey wrote:
      Reloaded the page, went through all of the screens again, and it loaded. Woot... I guess I have it licked...

Thank you for your help. Host said it was you guys, but they were wrong. 8)
      Your not using GoDaddy are you???
      If this resolves your issue then please check my signature and click the BUTTON beside "Marking your threads as Solved".
      Thanks.

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Is there a resolution if you are using Godaddy?

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds