Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Load and unload modules depending on link?

Load and unload modules depending on link?

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • I'm having some problems with loading and unloading menus depending on what link I select.

I can't get the various modules to appear on all the places I want.
      It seems like you can only get them to show up if you select various links that are next to each other.

Lets say I want the left side menu to appear only when you click the links "Home", "Sök", "Kontakt" but not to appear at "schemat" and "filmgalleri" but also to appear when you click "boka teknik", "schema", "Webmail"

How do I do that?

And how do I make a wrapper for a page so you just keep the topmenu and the frame when I wrap in a page?
      I got it to wrap and removed the menu, but still the left empty frame was also in the wrap.
    • Last Edit: 18 years 2 months ago by .
  • Re: Load and unload modules depending on link?

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • Kristoffer,

Were you able to find out how to wrap content without having the empty left column showing?

I am trying to do the same thing for a forum so that is uses the whole body of the template. The blank left column takes too much space.

Thanks,
      RP
    • Cory Webb
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Load and unload modules depending on link?

• Kristoffer Arnemark wrote:
      I can't get the various modules to appear on all the places I want.
      It seems like you can only get them to show up if you select various links that are next to each other.

Lets say I want the left side menu to appear only when you click the links "Home", "Sök", "Kontakt" but not to appear at "schemat" and "filmgalleri" but also to appear when you click "boka teknik", "schema", "Webmail"

How do I do that?

And how do I make a wrapper for a page so you just keep the topmenu and the frame when I wrap in a page?
      I got it to wrap and removed the menu, but still the left empty frame was also in the wrap.

For the menu... Hold "Ctrl" and select the various links that you want. That way, you can select links that are not next to each other.

I'm not sure how to answer your second question. Could you provide a link to show what you mean?
  • Re: Load and unload modules depending on link?

• This should help. See how the left area where the mainmenu usually goes is still present. It takes up space you realy want to use for your wrap content. I can't figure out how to get rid of it for just this linked area.

Thanks for any help or comments.
      RP
    • Cory Webb
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Here are some steps you should take:

1. Log in to yoursite.com/administrator
      2. Click on Modules->Site Modules to open up your Module Manager
      3. Locate all modules in that position (I assume it's left)
      4. Go into each of those modules, and change the "Menu Item Link(s)" by only selecting the pages for which you want the module to appear. Make sure that "All" is not selected as an option.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. All of the RocketTheme templates hide a module position if no modules are published to it for a given page. Which template are you using?
    • Zelula
    • Rocketeer

• Nice one Cory! It worked for me. I'm using Joomla v1.07 and SMF v1.1RC2 (bridge). Thanks for your indicated steps, the wrapper option is working properly now. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds