Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

session_start() warning!! suddenly appeared

• zanetaVS
    • Jr. Rocketeer

session_start() warning!! suddenly appeared

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • Hello clever people,

I have been searching for the answer to this everywhere but none of the suggestions have actually helped so far.

The website has been working without any errors until yesterday this warning appeared at the top of the page:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 422

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/xxxxxpublic_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 422

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 425

Is there anyone who actually knows how to fix it?

I have been going in circles and it is driving me crazy because everything had worked absolutely fine until yesterday.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: session_start() warning!! suddenly appeared

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • Hi

you maybe just saved your configuration.php file using editor which ads some extra formating. So, just open your configuration.php with the simple text editor (like notepad) and save the same file using ANSI encoding, and it should fix the issue.
    • The following users have thanked you: sam hoi

• Check my services at: Mihha-Vision

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds