Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Missing Image from a Migrated Particle

• Missing Image from a Migrated Particle

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • I migrated the Slider particle from Denali theme to Acronym. I followed the instructions ( docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/copying-particles ) and I loaded the necessary files.
      I can add the particle to my layout and I see the titles, description, buttons, navigation but not the image!
      The only thing I'm not sure about is the JS file. I loaded it through the Base Outline (Custom CSS?JS) by linking to its location.
      Any help is appreciated.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Ayyoub Ajmi.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Missing Image from a Migrated Particle

• I see slider.init loading but I do see the actual main slider js loading... I'll look that up in a sec and post
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• at the bottom of slider.html.twig is:

{% do gantry.document.addScript(url('gantry-theme://js/owlcarousel.js'), 10, 'footer') %}
      {% do gantry.document.addScript(url('gantry-theme://js/length.min.js'), 10, 'footer') %}

so you need to ensure those files are loading as well... you MAY already have owlcarousel.js loading in Acronymn already and it may be a different config than is in Denali... but I don't think that length.min.js is loading... copy that over for sure to custom/js/ and see how it behaves loading Acronymn's owlcarousel.js file... perhaps do a diff on the 2 files
    • Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Missing Image from a Migrated Particle

• I added both files to the custom/js folder
      But I still don't see the image.
      I'm not sure how to test if they are loaded.
      Thanks for your quick response.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Use Dev tools... go to the Sources tab... you may need to clear the Gantry cache as well

Inspect HTML and CSS in real-time with Developer Tools:
      developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/
      developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Ok, now length.js is loading... but there's CSS error... use your Console tab to see the error:

Chrome: Settings > More Tools > Developer Tools > Console
      Mozilla: Settings > Developer > Web Console
  • Re: Missing Image from a Migrated Particle

• that helps. The scss file was not imported. Thank you!
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• cheers!

If a thread is solved please edit your *original / first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds