Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Twig error

• GDK
    • Rocketeer

SOLVED Twig error

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • I hope you can help me..
      I have website with theme Denali. And I have installed Mijoshop 4 including OpenCart 3 that uses Twig files.
      Now I am getting an error
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

when I go Mijoshop homepage. Back end is working without problem.

Do you have any idea what is causing this and how could it be solved?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Twig error

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • Sorry but we don't support third-party products. The error does seem to be caused by Mijoshop so I suggest that you ask them for help.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Twig error

Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    • Hi MrT

I am getting a similar if not the same issue.. using Joomla 3.9.5 and the latest Mijoshop 4

So I have set up a clean dev site to see if it can be resolved..

I get the following Error message:

Fatal error: Class Gantry\Component\Twig\TwigExtension contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Twig_ExtensionInterface::getName) in /home/######/########.net/libraries/gantry5/classes/Gantry/Component/Twig/TwigExtension.php on line 33

|You comment it is the third party devs probable issue.. but looking at the Error Message it looks to be an actual Gantry issue.. EG:

/libraries/gantry5/classes/Gantry/Component/Twig/TwigExtension.php on line 33

I'm assuming the issue lies with Gantry due to it being within the Libraries/ Gantry directories??

I am currently communicating with the developer also.. but looking at the Error path.. looks to be a Gantry 5 issue?

I'd also like to add that the admin backend all works fine.. the Mijoshop admin in the admin all works as should.. Also if I change the template to a say Prostar or Beez3 etc.. again all is fine.. I only have the error at thr frontend when switching to Gantry 5..

Can you advise.. your time and help are greatly appreciated..

Regards,

Paul
    • Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Paul Porteous.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Paul Porteous - this issue is cause by Mijoshop loading it's own outdated version of TWIG. In fact it is opencart (which Mijoshop uses) that is the specific issue as the version it is loading is in components/com_mijoshop/opencart/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig - so you can update this version of TWIG in this location to v1.35.4 which can be downloaded from here https://github.com/twigphp/Twig/releases

More info herein https://rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-template-sienna/278712-urgent-rockettheme-template-sienna-conflict-with-mijoshop

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Hello Mark,

Many thanks for looking into this.. I will check out the links and do as advised.. I will also advise the Mijoshop developers, so maybe they will include this latest version of twig in the future.. I understand it is OpenCart under the bonnet :)

Thanks for all the info here.. and many thanks for your time, it is greatly appreciated..

Kind Regards,

Paul

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, your subscription does not allow access to that forum - but I have given you the pertinent information anyway.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Paul Porteous

• Just wanted to confirm I replaced the twig directory contents with the 1.35.4 version as advised and all looks to be working..

One last question, I can see there are further later version of the "twig" contents.. would I also be able to use the latest version.. or does it "have to be" v1.35.4 ??

Just for future reference.. in case I do any Mijoshop updates in the future and it possibly breaks the site do to it possibly reverting version or using a later version of twig within an update..

Sorry I know this is not a Rocket theme issue.. just thought whilst on the topic.. to ask..

As I say.. all looks to be working fine now.. so thank you.. life saver and greatly appreciated!..

many thanks!! :)
    • Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Paul Porteous.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I haven't tried any later versions (of that major version number - 1) - but my guess is that they would be fine, right up to latest version. The issue is that opencart is including an ancient version of TWIG that Gantry 5 cannot use. - We tend to keep Gantry 5 using latest (ish) version of TWIG.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds