Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How to best accommodate "portrait" size logo in header with mods

• How to best accommodate "portrait" size logo in header with mods

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • Not all logos are landscape. Client has presented me with a portrait logo. Only Rockettheme template that it really fits well into is Kraken. but we don't want that full column used for menu, etc.

What I need to create is like the attached. From a hydrogen or helium template... have the logo "span" two rows so i can put a menu into one of the two at right, some social icons, search, etc into the other.

Without the rowspan for logo we end up with a lot of whitespace.

What is the template override to do this. is this done via YAML files/?? I'd be delighted to pay 50 bucks to someone (or charity of your choice)
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

who can just send me the instructions to do exactly as i have in attached. THANKS
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: How to best accommodate "portrait" size logo in header with mods

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • You don't need to do any YAML mods to achieve this. You can do that on the existing layout. Basically what you do is to do what you have don buton the second row add a "spacer" particle beneath the logo (of the same width) and then use custom CSS to make the logo overhang over the spacer.

If your need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds