Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Moving outlines between sites

• Moving outlines between sites

Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    • I want to develop an outline in an xampp implementation of a copy of a working site. Later I wish to move the outline (or several of them) to the working site. Do I simply copy the appropriately named files from the Gantry config folder in the xmapp version to the working version? Is there anything else that i should do? How do I Know which files to copy?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Moving outlines between sites

• It doesn't make sense to move an outline only? You would need to move all the particle within the outline too. Unless what you really want to do is to create an outline preset? Also, you coulnd't copy the particles as they would need to be indexed differently in a different template too. Really you might be just better off cloning the whole site using Akeeba backup and Akeeba kickstart.

Perhaps you just mean the settings? http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/moving-between-themes

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Moving outlines between sites

• Thanks for the prompt response.
      I probably should have outlined my workplan more exactly. The production site currently uses chapelco. My workplan is to develop a gantry 5 set of outlines using the template flux on an xamp clone of the production site. Then
      i will install gantry 5 and flux on the production site, duplicate the base outline to get a correctly named outline for my outlines and overwrite the yaml files with those from my xmap version.
      Since I am not changing any particles or other components at this point, just using your existing particles (principally module position and image display), i don't think that I should create any problems with indexing.
      It is just easier to do initial development on xampp.
      An export and import of particles and outlines would be very useful.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Moving outlines between sites

• That's not correct. If you create an outline, you will have put particles onto it's layout and those particles will not exist in a newly installed tempalt eon your production site - so you will need to copy those too. Also, a newly installed site WILL have existing particles too - so you might overwrite those and break something.

Nevertheless, the link that I gave you is how it can be done.

Personally I would be cloning your production site to a test area, adding the flex template and Gantry 5 to that, doing all your development and testing and then cloning the test site back to production.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds