Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED File download manager particle wanted

• Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED File download manager particle wanted

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • Is there any particle for gantry 5 that manages the file download (PDF for example) contained in a folder? Any topic in this regard is very old and referred to old versions of the RT templates. I'm looking for a very simple something that is compatible with gantry 5 and the current rwd rockettheme templates.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Riccardo.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: File download manager particle wanted

• You can easily add a download link for a pdf, just do a normal link and then add the attribute "download" on that link.
      <a href="yourpdflink" download>Download a pdf</a>

If you want a full blown download system then I recommend this one (which I use myself for clients) - https://www.joomunited.com/products/dropfiles .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thank you as always for the hints and for the confirmation of what I had fear ...

The old website uses docman (by joomlatools), too complex and cumbersome; absolutely exaggerative for the only functionality that I need: the listing of the tens of pdf files (price lists) of a folder for the downloading for the registered users.
      I was looking for something more spartan and simple but I'm afraid it does not exist. I wanted to avoid having to manually insert every single link in the article.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You could write your own particle from scratch to do it. But you would also have to write a php class to read the contents of a directory to get all the filenames and iterate though them in TWIG.

http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/php-functions

This is considered as a customization request which falls way beyond the scope of this support forum. You can always try to post your request in our The Marketplace forum and get (paid) support from someone that is willing to do this.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Riccardo

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds