Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Adding modules to Gantry 5 particles

• mjkahngr
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Adding modules to Gantry 5 particles

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • While I have been building Joomla sites for a decade, this is my first foray into utilizing Gantry 5. It appears incredibly powerful, but I am struggling to figeure out certain functions. There are a number of extenions that I would like to position on pages, but can't figure out how to install modules into Gantry 5 positions or particles.

We are buidling a site for pilots to participate in formation flight. We want to have a scrolling ticker on the home page showing the tail numbers of the registrants. The site is currently on our development server at cherokees2osh.engine-thunderbird.com/index.php .

Is there a way to install a ticker plugin into a particle or position in Gantry 5? Specfically, I am considering using Art News Ticker.

Also, I would like to reduce the size of the headline type on the home page which is in a particle. Is this possible? (I assume it is, but can't figure out how to achieve the desired result).

Thank you in advance for any insight you can shed on these issues.
    • Mitch
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Adding modules to Gantry 5 particles

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • With Gantry 5 you generally use "particles" but, if you want to, you can still use modules.

One of the key features in Gantry 5 is that you can add as many module positions as you like anywhere on the layout and call them wahtever you want. All you need to do is to open the layout on the outline that you are using in Gantry 5 admin and then drag a "module position" particle onto the layout wherever you want it, then you can edit it's setting to give it a "key" (module position name). After that it's just like any other Joomla template, you just go to module manager, open your module and assign it to the position in which you want it to appear (the one you just created).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: mjkahngr

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds