Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Owl Carousel Versions

• SOLVED Owl Carousel Versions

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • The Owl Carousel included in the free Helium template seems to have fewer features than the version included in the Interstellar template.
      Is there a document or information somewhere that outlines the differences?
      I have a site I'm working on that is using the Helium template, but I was looking to add a testimonial slider. The carousel in Interstellar has a "Testimonials" layout, the Heluim version does not.
      I could just copy the Interstellare version of the particle into my site, but I've already configured a slide show carousel in another module for the site.
      If I copy the new particle version in, will there be drastic changes to my already configured slide show?

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Owl Carousel Versions

• The implementations of owlcarousel and the particles that use it are different between many of the templates. Even if the particle is called the same thing it doesn't mean it has the same fuctionality. There is no document that tells you the difference so you will have to check this yourself. You could try copying the particle from the donor template, if it affects your other existing particle then it's easily reversible provided that you have done everything in the "custom" folder.

If you want to know how to copy a Gantry 5 particle from one template to another please read my tutorial here in Gantry 5 Official Documentation here .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Owl Carousel Versions

• OK, so with all names being the same, will there be conflicts if I just copy the new version into the Helium template?

Right now I've copied the new version into Helium, and deleted all the default OWL files.

I have 1 carousel of images at the top of the page that seems to be working, but I have another carousel for testimonials that is a disaster. See this page:

HealingPoint

The testimonial carousel is placed in a module position. No real difference between the 2 carousels, just 1 text, 1 images.

Not sure where the issue is. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
      Lou
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There could be conflicts yes because you are changing the whole of owlcarousel scss which may well affect the existing helium carousel layouts.

We can really only support the particles in the template that they were provided in.

It looks to me like something is wrong with the way you implemented the particle on the layout - you container seems to be only 60% whereas on interstellar it is 100%.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Owl Carousel Versions

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Hi mr T,
      I have copied the particle Owlcarousel from the Helium template to Anacron. I have read and followed the documentation. Now compilation errors do indeed appear. But I don't know where to look to fix the errors. Would you kindly show me the direction? Thanks in advance
      These are the errors:
      /scss/vendor/bourbon/css3/_font-face.scss on line 9
      #148 mixin font-face media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/scss/nucleus/theme/mixins/_typography.scss on line 13
      #149 mixin import-font templates/g5_anacron/scss/anacron/styles/_typography.scss on line 2
      #150 function assign-inputs media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/scss/vendor/bourbon/addons/_text-inputs.scss on line 109
      #151 function assign-inputs media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/scss/vendor/bourbon/addons/_text-inputs.scss on line 108
      #152 function assign-inputs media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/scss/vendor/bourbon/addons/_buttons.scss on line 56
      #153 function assign-inputs media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/scss/vendor/bourbon/addons/_buttons.scss on line 55
      #154 function assign-inputs media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/scss/vendor/bourbon/addons/_buttons.scss on line 54
      #155 function em media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/scss/vendor/bourbon/functions/_modular-scale.scss on line 21
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Cornelius123 - please don['t post in dormant topics that are nearly 2.5 years old - it's always best to create a new topic of your own in the approriate template forum.

Those error message will be because you have not dealt with all the particle dependencies as the documentation says to.

If you need more help, please raise a new topic and provide admin details and ftp details in the secure tab of your post.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds