Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Reload required when navigating

• Karen Dunne
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Principal at Maven Design Studio

Reload required when navigating

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • On Gantry Version: 5.4.18, reloading the page when navigating within Gantry is required, e.g. going from styles to layout or from base outline to default, etc. I believe this just started after the most recent update.

I am finding this is in both Chrome and Safari.

See screen record: screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb66VMICGR

Is there a fix possible?
    • Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Karen Dunne.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Reload required when navigating

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Karen Dunne
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks, Mark, credentials are there...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Hmmm, your video is on a different site and different template? I tried the site for the link that you gave me in all browsers and it worked perfectly for me?

Try clearing your browser cache and look in browser console for any error messages. Are you using a CDN too? If you are disable that and clear it's cache too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Karen Dunne
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thank you for checking Mark. Puzzling.

The site that I did the recording on was behaving the same way but I ended giving you the login to the other one just because it happened to be the one I was working in when I posted my reply.

A CDN is not running but I will check with the host to make sure there isn't one running in front of my web server.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Try latest G5.4.19 too - some virus checkers were reporting a false positive and were blocking some of our files - though why it should work for me and not you I don't know. Remember to clear browser and server cache too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Karen Dunne

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds