Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED blockquote override in Hydrogen

• SOLVED blockquote override in Hydrogen

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • Greetings,

I hope that I am not repeating a post, but I couldn't find an answer to a small issue I can't seem to resolve on my own.

I built a site using Hydrogen and am trying to override the blockquote style in my custom scss file and it isn't working. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

In my custom css, I have
      blockquote {border-left: 5px solid #31b24b;}

But the blockquote still displays as a gray line instead of the green I specified here. I saw that the blockquote is styled in the _typography.scss file, so I moved the _typography.scss file into my custom scss folder and called it into my custom.scss file like this @import "typography";.

It seems to be working. My question is whether or not it was OK to do that or if I am looking at any trouble down the line with updates, etc.

Thank you for your time.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED blockquote override in Hydrogen

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED blockquote override in Hydrogen

• I'm sorry but I can't give access to the website. The client strictly prohibits it. I set this up like a particle CSS override, so I'm hoping I'm good. It's just weird that I couldn't get a regular custom css override to work though.

Here's a URL: www.cityofeagan.com/police
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED blockquote override in Hydrogen

• I can't find your custom.scss file?

Also, you should not be importing the whole of _typography.scss into your own custom scss file. Your custom.scss should only contain statements that you want to change - otherwise you are going to make the custom.scss huge and slow your site down too.

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED blockquote override in Hydrogen

• Greetings,

Late reply on this due to great overload.

The path to my custom css is here
      www.cityofeagan.com/templates/g5_hydroge...tom/scss/custom.scss

After a recent upgrade, my custom CSS seemed to work. It must have been a cache problem or something... not sure.

This site is between designs, so it's not a huge deal. But it seems to be working now.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds