Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Which Particles are in Which Templates - Table provided

• SOLVED Which Particles are in Which Templates - Table provided

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • I am sharing a cross reference table I constructed for my own use. This is only a starting point, you'll have to check the particle instances in the templates for their differences and specifics.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tHUDUiMX...13U/edit?usp=sharing

Warnings I take no responsiblity for the validity or accuracy of the information.
      The information provided has been complied from sales information on the RT website.
      RT has already stated multiple times that:
      "... just because a commercial template has a particle that is apparently also included in another template it does not mean that they are or do the same thing even if they are called the same name."
      e.g. see: www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry5-for-jo...lium?start=0#1347371
    • The following users have thanked you: YellowWebMonkey, MrT

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Which Particles are in Which Templates - Table provided

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • Thank you for doing that and for sharing.

But just to reiterate a particle can be called the same thing in many template but the functionality provided by that particle can be very different between templates. Also, a particular template may not have been updated to have the latest version of that particular particle too.

Also some particles are "core" particles (those that are provided with Gantry 5 itself) whereas others are "template specific" (only provided with the template) and these may have further dependencies to make them work in other templates.

If you want to know how to copy a Gantry 5 particle from one template to another please read my tutorial here in Gantry 5 Official Documentation here .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Which Particles are in Which Templates - Table provided

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Rez,

That's awesome. Thank you. I was thinking about putting together a table like I mentioned in . Would you mind if I took the data in your GDoc and ran with it? I'll definitely put a credit on there since you did the heavy lifting.
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT

• Alexis M. Priddy
      Owner/Senior Web Designer
      +1.512.271.5221 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. |
      LinkedIn Profile
      YellowWebMonkey.com

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • I hope you went ahead and helped yourself and everyone else (sorry for the delayed response). Since making the table from the sales material I realized that it would be more accurate to build the table from the list of particles for the templates in Gantry-Joomla as the sales lists omit particles.

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • I started working on it but haven't had much time to dedicate lately. Shell has links to the demo and documentation for each. Will post when done.
    • Alexis M. Priddy
      Owner/Senior Web Designer
      +1.512.271.5221 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. |
      LinkedIn Profile
      YellowWebMonkey.com
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Which Particles are in Which Templates - Table provided

Posted 6 years 1 month ago

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds