Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Need help with lots of little tweaks using Gantry

• studio1c
    • Hero Rocketeer

Need help with lots of little tweaks using Gantry

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • I'm completely lost and overwhelmed with Gantry 5. Is there a way to use Joomla and RT Gemini template with Gantry 4?

Reworking this site cwhenderson.com/CWH33/ for a client and need things moved around and added in. The site needs to look similar in layout to their old site cwhenderson.com/

So I need from top to bottom, the layout to be:
      Logo and search bar at top over white background
      Menu over white background beneath
      Slideshow image with slogan/quote and Date overlaying
      Main content then Module to right with Popular downloads on all page and Quarterly Newsletter on some pages
      Contact info on ALL pages at bottom left
      Copyright with "To Top" BUTTON at right beneath in smaller font

Thank you!
    • Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by studio1c.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Need help with lots of little tweaks using Gantry

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • If you're new to Gantry 5 please read the first 3 chapters here: docs.gantry.org

Pretty much everything is drag and drop customizable from the Layout Manager

Unfortunately we cannot help you customize your site for you but if you take the time to read through those first 3 chapters I think it will help you a lot in understand Gantry 5... personally, I think G5 is WAY easier than G4 though with all things there is of course a learning curve.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • studio1c
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • I think it's a bit much to expect my clients who want to update their own site to have to read 3 chapters first. Joomla used to be so much easier before Gantry...
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • My clients love Gantry. Drag and Drop layout control with Inheritance across multiple pages and page types is a concept that anyone can understand. Whenever they need something custom then TWIG and YAML make it very easy for me to build custom Particles or modify existing ones that they can continue to work with in a drag and drop fashion.

None of my clients have ever read any Gantry docs; I walk them through the specific content areas they'll be changing/adding from Outlines I've set up.

A single Layout Manager that gives you a top to bottom view of all the content on a page (I try and keep all my content in Gantry as opposed to Joomla Articles or Modules) is much easier to understand than creating articles or mapping positions to modules to figure out where the content lives, in my opinion.

It takes about 15 minutes to read the first 3 chapters on the docs that exaplain all the basic features. I spent at least couple days learning Joomla the first time around.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: ercangenc

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds