Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Owl Carousel Transition

• Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

SOLVED Owl Carousel Transition

Posted 7 years 3 weeks ago
    • I had an issue with Owl Carousel as the slide transistion was way too fast. So I did about two hours of research on RT Forums and GitHub. I copied the owlcarousel.js to the 'custom/js' folder and modified it to change the 'smartSpeed: 250,' to 'smartSpeed: 2000,'. It worked fine.

However, why isn't there a setting for 'Transition Speed' in the Own Carousel Particle? It seems that this is one continuing issue with a lot of people from what I read and that would resolve most issues with transition speed.

Also, I know this is a feature request but each Owl Carousel Item record needs to have a field to assign a class to that 'owl-item'. Example: assign classes 'firstslide' to first item and 'secondslide' to second slide. When the page is rendered, the actual classes would be 'owl-item_firstslide' and 'owl-item_secondslide'. This would allow specific styling for each slide. Yea, I know....I could use the child selector but if you changed the order of your items, well, that pretty much would make your CSS child selector declarations useless while assigning a class would still be valid. Just a thought. :)
    • Just another old hacker!
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED Owl Carousel Transition

Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
    • Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

Re: SOLVED Owl Carousel Transition

Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
    • Damir,

Thanks. I know they have a lot on their plate and hope this can be incorporated at some time in the future. I do think these two additions will greatly improve the application.

Keep up the great work! If you want, you can probably lock this thread! :)

Luke
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Luke Douglas.
    • Just another old hacker!

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds