Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How to change the link on contenttabs tabs

• TJ

SOLVED How to change the link on contenttabs tabs

Posted 7 years 4 weeks ago
    • Hi!

I'd love to be able to have the Item Title be used for the tab link, rather than generic #g-contenttabs-item-1 as it done by default.

Is there a way to customize the particle such that it will use the Item Title instead, i.e., #skills, #work-experience, #education in the following exammple:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Cheers
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED How to change the link on contenttabs tabs

Posted 7 years 4 weeks ago
    • Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Where are these contenttabs? Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • TJ

Posted 7 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

The Contenttabs Particle is on my home page, with Three tabs:

The tab IDs / links are, by default:

/#g-contenttabs-item-1, /#g-contenttabs-item-2, /#g-contenttabs-item-3

I'd prefer for them to be:

/#skills, /#work-experience, /#education

I would think it should take editing the Particle default code to use the Item Title for the link, but I'm not skilled enough to do any particle editing or customizing (still learing Gantry and etc).

Thansk again for the help.

Kind Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• What's confusing me is that there is no contenttabs particle in Remnant so presumably you copied it from somewhere else, and there are different versions of contenttabs in different templates?

Also, you did not post link details as I requested?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • TJ

• Hey Mark,

My sincere apologies, I completely overlooked that I had posted this in the wrong forum. I am not using Remnant for this particular project, but rather, Helium.

I'm sorry I was not paying close enough attention when I created the topic.

You can see the site here: zaridan.com/ with the content tabs here zaridan.com/#skills-and-experience

I'd really love it if the content tab links could be made relevant to the title of the content item, to allow better linking and SEO.

Please feel free to move this wherever it should be, and thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

tj
    • Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by TJ.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok so I moved this topic to the gantry5 for joomla forum since Helium is a free template.

So to change the contenttabs you would need to create a particle override and alter the TWIG code.

Specifically it's line 15, line 31 and line 54 (jQuery) that would need to be modified.

To learn how to override a particle in Gantry 5 please see our documentation here http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/overriding-particle-settings#overriding-particle-source-files .

This is considered as a customization request which falls way beyond the scope of this support forum. You can always try to post your request in our The Marketplace forum and get (paid) support from someone that is willing to do this.

Regards, Mark.
    • TJ

Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
    • Thanks for all the help, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds