Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Article background color (transparent)

• SOLVED Article background color (transparent)

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • How do I cover the text of an article with a kind of transpartent background? Note: I have tried custom css which is still active.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by MrT.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Article background color (transparent)

• Which articles on what page - it depends how you are showing them.

Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Article background color (transparent)

• Any article . id = 22, 19, 18
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That doesn't help me because I would need admin details to look at article numbers. Also, please post a direct link to the page with the articles that you want to do this too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Ian Thomas Minor.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Use this code...
      .g-default .g-wrapper > .g-container {
        background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.25)
      }

Change color and opacity to suit your needs.

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.

• Yes I tried some of my own css which produced a great result but since I change the menu's background color to transparent to get the background image's full size I now cannot see the dropdown's text. What do I do?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• When developing web sites it is useful to learn to use either, the Inspector in Firefox, Chrome Developer Tools in Chrome, or one of the other browser developer tools, they will save you hours on things like this and they're very easy to use.

Use this code...
      #g-navigation .g-main-nav .g-sublevel > li > .g-menu-item-container {
        color: red;
      }
      #g-navigation .g-main-nav .g-sublevel > li:hover > .g-menu-item-container {
        color: pink;
      }
      To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.

• Solved! But one thing:
      How do I get that line that appears on hover back?
      Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• With CSS again. - it's a border... (currently set to transparent) - use Firefox Inspector or one of the other browser developer tools and see if you can figure that one out yourself first... if you can't I can help further.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds