Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Popupgrid allocating incorrect left:px positioning

• pdowse
    • Hero Rocketeer

Popupgrid allocating incorrect left:px positioning

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • Hi Guys,

I've migrated the popupgrid particle over to the Versla template and it's all working ok however, it seems to be allocating incorrect positioning info.

If you go to this address

and take a look at the 'consulting locations' you will see that it displays ok on a large screen but when the screen is set to 1280 X 800 there seems to be a gap in the layout.

It looks like the particle allocates a left positioning of 0px, 270px, 540px and 810px to position the images in the grid side by side (in the first line of images), but when you get to line two it's out of whack as it's allocating 540px, then 0px, then 810px (I would expect it to allocate 0px then 270px then 540px)

Is there a reason the particle is allocating these out of order positions? and if so is there a way to fix it?

Cheers guys.
    • Good things come to those who wait - but it's only what's left over from those who don't
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Popupgrid allocating incorrect left:px positioning

• which address?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • pdowse
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Sorry about that - didn't realise the URL wasn't in there.

69.46.29.42/~entsbccom/cms/
    • Good things come to those who wait - but it's only what's left over from those who don't
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• The Popup Grid wouldn't be my first choice for "even" rows of "same sized" content blocks... it's meant to give that "Pinterest" style layout where the size of the image can determine the height and where uneven rows are actually desired...

My best guess is that is that it may achieve that by floating some of the blocks left as needed... so when it wraps to the next rows it sets the first block out a bit so it can float others left and have blocks of different height still maintain even gutters.

It uses Masonry to place to the blocks

masonry.desandro.com/

Their docs my shed more insight on that...

If you want even blocks of content you could use the Mosaic Grid Particle or even just Custom HTML Particles in a couple Grids within a Section... you could even steal the HTML code as you see it now, output by the Popup Grid particle and place your transition classes in the Block Settings > CSS Class field... we may need to then force the popup-grid JS to load, but that wouldn't be hard
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • pdowse
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Ok great - this gives me a couple of areas to play with. Cheers for the direction. :-)

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds