Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Bootstrap error

• Bootstrap error

Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    • At this web site, www.nbad.org , I get this bootstrap error. I believe this has something to do with the Gantry and RT template. It was running fine for few weeks, then the error pops up out of the blue.

Where do I look for this error?

TIA

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/nbadorg/public_html/modules/bootstrap.php on line 272
      Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/home4/nbadorg/public_html/modules/bootstrap.php" at line 272.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Bootstrap error

• What CMS? GRAV/Joomla/Wordpress? What version of Gantry 5? What template?

That's not part of Gantry 5 at all that I am aware of? If that is a Joomla site then it looks like a plugin/extension ?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Bootstrap error

• This web site runs on Joomla 3.6.5 with Gantry 5 and Rockettheme Citadel. PHP 5.6.29

I tried switch to Beez3 and Prostar and still get the bootstrap error.

There are AcyMailing, Akkeba Admin and Backup, Fox Contact, JCE Editor, and J2XML add ons with no custom CSS.

Thanks.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    • That file that you indicated is not part of Gantry, the RT template or Joomla. It's coming from somewhere else so it's not suprising that you get the same error with any other template too.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Someone has actually modified CORE Joomla to load that bootstrap.php file... The bootstrap file is non-standard and has been added by someone.

I tracked the change down to /includes/framework.php which you can see has been deliberately modified by someone.

Joomla CORE files should never ever be changed like this...

Regards, Mark.

• Thanks for the find. I have commented out that so called line and the site went back up working for a few days.

Today, it crashed again with the same error. Examining the error log to narrow down the date of crash - this is what I found. This looks like a bug.

Is there another Joomla forum where I can present this issue?

19-Jan-2017 17:43:46 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/nbadorg/public_html/modules/bootstrap.php on line 272
      [22-Jan-2017 01:45:46 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. To avoid this warning set 'always_populate_raw_post_data' to '-1' in php.ini and use the php://input stream instead. in Unknown on line 0
      [23-Jan-2017 05:07:14 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/nbadorg/public_html/modules/bootstrap.php on line 272
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Scott Hostetler - It's not a bug. Someone is adding that bootstrap.php program into your Joomla core framework. No automatic process will be doing that. So, either you've done a restore that had added that program back, or, someone is adding that code back. That line had to have been added manually since it was specifically referencing a location on your specific server.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds