Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Overlay toggle wont show menu items

• Dkvman
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Overlay toggle wont show menu items

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I put login and site link in secure tab

I can not get the menu to look like the demo again.
      I wanted a search module to show so I added that in the G5 layout manager
      I wanted the menu that looks like the mobile menu to show on all pages
      I added a overlay toggle to the navigation in G5 layout manager
      But it only shows the 4 horizontal bar Icon and when you click on it there are no menu items
      I moved everything to the outline called Isotope-default and assigned the home page and home menu item in the assignment tab.

Thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Overlay toggle wont show menu items

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • If your objective is to get the mobile menu on all pages (to never show desktop menu) then all you need to do is to change the mobile menu breakpoint in base outline > style > breakpoints > mobile menu - 999REM.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Dkvman
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • Sorry we are still aving the issue with our administrator url as I reported to you in an earlier ticket.
      You must add inde.php to our url I posted it in the secure tab, thank you.

This was working and I have made changes since then so it is likely one of those changes.

I checked to make sure the page assignments were correct, I tried it on the homepage layout since it only has the home page assigned to it however it would not show under 768px?

My problem now is no menu shows up under 768px?

I still want the mobile menu to show on all pages.

The login is still the same as I entered in the secure tab.

Thank you
    • Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Dkvman.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    • admin url gives 404?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Dkvman
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I edited my original reply in the secure tab and informed you that you need to add index.php to our administrator url.

Thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• i am totally perplexed by your site?

1. You are using Gantry 5.2.18 which is way out of data (current version is G5.3.4) - backup and update this.
      2. Your custom scss is just bizarre? it contains html and you have lots of custom CSS files? (where really there should only be one).

This needs all sorting out before I can look at anything else.

Regards, Mark.
    • Dkvman
    • Hero Rocketeer

• 1. Thanks Mark I did not realize I neede to update gantry in gantry 4 when I would go into the template manager it would always prompt me to update gantry.
      Anyway I updated it now.

2. I do not understand why you are perplexed the only file you need to edit or concern yourself with is the custom.css file.
      As I make a change in the file I simply rename the previous one to a date or give it a title referring to what I changed.
      That way if I make a mistake or want to go back to a previous version its ver y simple to rename it.
      Is this not the best or proper way to do this.
      For instance I had to make qute a few media query changes to make the site responsive so there were a lot of points where I renamed the original and FTp the new one.

Thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I'm perplexed because custom.scss contains html and not css???? Therefore the css compiler fails because it's not valid css?

Regards, Mark.
    • Dkvman
    • Hero Rocketeer

• That is commented out I was just using it as a reference while I was building and testing responsive media queries.
      Is there an issue with commenting it or doing it this way Mark?

Thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• remove the html from that custom.scss file because it is upsetting the compiler.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds