0 items Join Now

SOLVED Modules Anywhere and Gantry 5

• safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

SOLVED Modules Anywhere and Gantry 5

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Hi All
      I am just wondering wether anyone has experienced problems using Modules Anywjere from No Number and Gantry 5?
      And if so any thoughts what can be done to solve the fact it is not working..

Essentially we use the Modules Anywhere plugin to load modules into articles and also into custom modules where we need additional flexibility.
      For instance on our live site you can see this in action
      www.asafeworldforwomen.org/
      In the main content section we have two modules..
      Field Partner News and News and Interviews. These are both custom modules with text in and then we use the Modules Anywhere plugin to load modules from Raxo Allmode underneath the text.

Anyway I am experimenting with porting our sight from Gantry 4 / Kirigami template to Gantry 5 (some template)
      I have been testing this using the Calisto template and when I tried to place modules which used the Modules Anywhere plugin - they didn't work.
      When I tried adding just the Raxo Allmode modules - then everything was fine. So I know the plugin was the issue.

It would be great to know what might be the cause of this and what perhaps could be done to fix it?
      I like the flexibility of Gantry 5 and really want to switch over!

Best

Andrew
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by safeworld4women.
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Modules Anywhere and Gantry 5

• We're aware of these issues and are working on it. Do you still have this issue with Gantry 5.2.11 installed?
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi Dan
      Thanks for the reply.
      I am still working my way through the whole process at the moment. Will get back to you>

Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to safeworld4women, moderators and administrators
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi Dan
      Yes the problem with Modules Anywhere was solevd in the latest Gantry version.
      FYI - the updating process from G4 to G5 is going Ok.

Best

Andrew
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• safeworld4women wrote:
      What I am trying for the last days is to install G5 and new templates on an existing backup-ed install of our current site - as a trial to see how if the modules and positions can be matched up.
      In other words - if modules have a position - say of - Sidebar A - is it possible to move existing modules - on bulk - to the new mod positions in G5.
      I am slowly testing how to do this to see if it is possible. If it works then thats one issue solved!
      Then I can look more specifically at 'more advanced' problems like the Modules Anywhere thing.

I like the challenge though!

You have a tough task ahead of you - good that you like challenges :whistle:

You actually should open a new Topic for this as it is a Salient (ha-ha) issue.
      The stumbling block is that Gantry 5 requires a Module Position Particle to represent a module position in the Layout. Gantry 4 had no such animal.

Having said that, off the top of my head if it were me doing it I would recreate all the Module Position Particles that I need for the Gantry 4 setup. This part of the prototyping would go fast as there is no content to worry about.

Once all the module position's were setup I would use Adminer or PhPMyAdmin console to export the Gantry 4 content data into my Gantry 5 template.

This should then display all the modules you had in Gantry 4 correctly. Create a new Topic and we'll continue there - as a former pen weilding cross word puzzle addict I too like challenges.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds