Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How to get the relative menu links

• SOLVED How to get the relative menu links

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Hi

One of the reasons I like using JCE Editor is because if want to add a link within content to another content item, the link manager lists everything linked to the menu.
      With Gantry 5 this function doesn't seem to work, presumably because of the menu manager in gantry 5.

This functionality is used all the time, so where can I find this as neatly as I can in the JCE Editor?

Regards
      David
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Adi Heutschi.
    • Adi
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED How to get the relative menu links

• Just grab the link from the front-end of your site or from the Menu Alias field in the Menu Manager > Menu Item
    • The following users have thanked you: Adi Heutschi

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: SOLVED How to get the relative menu links

• Thanks for the tip, Matt.

I do hope that gantry will offer the ability to do this. I find the menu manager in gantry is overkill for something that worked just fine using the built in joomla framework, i.e the added value escapes me.

Regards
      David
    • Adi
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED How to get the relative menu links

• Benefits as I see them:

Easy multiple columns, drag and drop re-ordering, the ability to embed Modules/Particle as Menu Items very easily and the vastly improved support for Phones with the ability to control when the mobile menu actually kicks in + way better sub-menu navigation.

:)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: SOLVED How to get the relative menu links

• OK - I stand corrected :-)
      Thanks
    • Adi

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds