Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Multiple Joomla functions on home page

• Brandon

Multiple Joomla functions on home page

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Hello, i am trying to use the Requiem template that uses Gantry 5. I was able to have my featured article placed on the home page in a certain area by making it the default page. Now, what i would like to do is also have the snippets from some of the other blog articles on the same homepage in a different area, is this possible, if so... how? I am lost, and this is my first time using Gantry. I am really enjoying it and it is pretty easy to use, and once i figure out a way to use joomla content to generate in two different areas of the template it would be even more amazing! Thank you for your help!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Multiple Joomla functions on home page

• Hi Brandon
      and welcome to the forums
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Brandon wrote:
      Hello, i am trying to use the Requiem template that uses Gantry 5. I was able to have my featured article placed on the home page in a certain area by making it the default page. Now, what i would like to do is also have the snippets from some of the other blog articles on the same homepage in a different area, is this possible, if so... how? I am lost, and this is my first time using Gantry. I am really enjoying it and it is pretty easy to use, and once i figure out a way to use joomla content to generate in two different areas of the template it would be even more amazing! Thank you for your help!

This has more to do with Joomla than our templates or Gantry. Joomla only allows one default area for articles to be shown and that's in the MainBody. In our Gantry 5 Layout Manager the presence of a Joomla MainBody is invoked by the use of a Page Content particle.

To create article type content in areas outside of the MainBody you would need to use Modules. Inside that module you would have custom HTML that would represent your content.

Does this help? If not than fire away (I need to practice my goal-tending ;) )

This may be of interest to you Adding Articles to Gantry 5 Templates
    • Brandon

• Awesome, thats what i had already done, just didnt know if i could add more. So here is another question, if i have the main menu used instead of the gantry one, what would be the link or extension to use another page made in Gantry?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Brandon wrote:
      if i have the main menu used instead of the gantry one, what would be the link or extension to use another page made in Gantry?

Sorry I'm not getting that?

So your site has a Joomla Main menu that is assigned to use some Outline. In the layout of your Outline that Joomla Main menu is represented by a "Menu Particle" in your layout. When you say "gantry one" the Menu Particle is by Default set to use your current active Joomla Main menu.

There are though other user defined Gantry menu particles you can choose from, such as the Horizontal Menu particle.

To me, this phrase "use another page made in Gantry" means that you've created a new Outline that your going to customize the layout and then assign it to a menu page on your site. Example if you wanted to have a stylized "About Us" menu page you could create an Outline such as "Hydrogen - About Us" that would be assigned to the "About Us" menu page and stylized specifically for that page.

So could you please try explaining what you want to do and I'll try to help you.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds