Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Boxed view on mobile / offcanvas menu outside the website

• Boxed view on mobile / offcanvas menu outside the website

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Hi there, I have been playing around with the ganty framework, and i absolutely love it!

One thig i dont get right, I want the website to be Boxed, but on mobile and tablet it show up so funny. It is also boxed on mobile, but there is no need to let it be boxed on mobile, thats a waste of space. Also the Mobile menu shows up outside of the website.

I have made some screenshots to make clear what i mean.

DESKTOP VIEW: 1255 x 1245

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

MOBILE VIEW: 738 x 1245

LAYOUT MANAGER:

So what am I doing wrong? If I want I think I can edit the CSS to remove the left and right padding, but I guess this also can be done in the backend on the layout manager... Am i right?

Any help would be welcome, Thanks in advance!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Boxed view on mobile / offcanvas menu outside the website

• You're misunderstanding what boxed means and looking in odd screen sizes. Boxed means that your content in sections will be constrained to the breakpoint width as defined in the base outline > settings. You can change those step points if you wish (but I don't recommend it as you would then be non-standard). The "boxed" setting applies to all viewports. Most mobile devices are 48rem wide. The template (out of the box) is not intended to be a fully fluid layout, it's adaptive (steps at breakpoints) but as I said you can change this.

The mobile menu button is positioned absolute to the browser window (not the boxed view) but you can change this with custom CSS if you wish.

Your screenshot of the desktop view just happen to be at a screensize slightly larger than the "box" and that is why you have gutters showing. If you looked on a large display then the gutters would be much wider.

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Boxed view on mobile / offcanvas menu outside the website

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
  • Re: Boxed view on mobile / offcanvas menu outside the website

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to royhimself, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by royhimself.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Boxed view on mobile / offcanvas menu outside the website

• Here are the views from my ipad and they look fine to me - don't foget an IPAD is the same as a desktop in landscape mode.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: royhimself

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds