Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Module Position not pickup up all assigned modules

• Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

SOLVED Module Position not pickup up all assigned modules

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • I am customizing a home page and inserted a 'Module Position' with the Key being 'sidebar-home'. In my modules, I have two modules assigned to 'sidebar-home'. I can only get one to show up. Previously, I had a 'Module Instance'assigned for just one module and it appears to be retaining that setting even though I have changed it on the layout.

Here is the generated HTML code starting the DIV.
      <div class="moduletable jmoddiv" data-jmodtip="<strong>Edit module</strong><br />Logo - Home Centered<br />Position: sidebar-home" data-target="_self" data-jmodediturl="http://XXXXXXX.COM/index.php?option=com_config&controller=config.display.modules&id=94&return=aHR0cDovL3NlYW5uZWxzb25jb3VudHJ5LmNvbS8%3D">

Module ID 94 is the first module I originally had in the layout for a 'Module Instance' particle.

So I'm wondering why it's not recognizing the change even though I have cleared the Joomla cache and browser cache.
    • Just another old hacker!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Module Position not pickup up all assigned modules

• Hmm...worked fine for me. Would you please create a Super Admin login for me and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so that I can take a look.
    • Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

• DanG,

I found the problem. On the module that was not displaying, it was a 'Articles - Category' module with Mode set to Normal. However, on the Dynamic Mode Options tab, the 'Show on Article Page' was set to 'Show'. Once I changed this to 'Hide', both of the 'sidebar-home' modules displayed. This was a bit of a 'private eye' detective effort to check every option on both the template layout settings and the module settings to try and determine what was blocking it. When I read the 'hover' description on the 'Show on Article Page', I finally understood that this module with this setting set to 'Show' would only display on Caetgory Pages whereas the Home menu is set to a 'Custom Page'.

To be honest, I'm still a bit confused why this would even make a difference when the 'Module' was set to 'Normal' mode and not 'Dynamic'. I would have 'assumed' that if it was set to 'Normal' mode, then the 'Dynamic Mode Options' would have been completely disregarded since the module mode was set to 'Normal'. That is 'logical'. I would highly recommend that this be corrected in future versions.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Yes but thats two different option settings. If you select Normal than the Category option isn't used, even if you have set Dynamic Mode Options to Show.

Great that you figured it out though
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

• DanG,

It really didn't matter as I had to use RokSprocket Lists view anyway to preserve the HTML formatting. Live and learn. :)

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds