Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Advice on customizing a particle

• Web Guy

SOLVED Advice on customizing a particle

Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    • Hey guys.

I've found a nice particle which almost does everything want.
      It's the Mosaic Grid particle which comes with the www.rockettheme.com/joomla/templates/galatea template.

The only thing it doesn't do is make the image for each item clickable/make it a link.

Does anyone have advice regarding adding this feature to this particle? My PHP knowledge is very basic, average html/css.
      I guess I'd need to copy the particle to make a new one (or use overrides) but I'm unsure how I would add the extra field 'image link' to the screen where you edit the particle item etc.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Web Guy.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Advice on customizing a particle

• You need to create a particle override (see gantry 5 docs) and alter the Twig amd html code.

Regards, Mark
    • The following users have thanked you: Web Guy

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Web Guy

Re: SOLVED Advice on customizing a particle

• Thanks Mark. I managed to do it. Copied the particle into my template then edited the twig. Looks good!

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds