Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Different style tab for different layouts

• Web Tech Plus
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Designer / Small Business Owner

SOLVED Different style tab for different layouts

Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    • Hi I created a new layout for the Helium template following the tutorial in the docs.

The layout removes most of the sections in the default layout from Helium, while adding a couple. I was wondering is there a way to remove a bunch of the sections from the Styles tabe of this layout (for example my layout doesn't have the Feature section) so it is less cluttered and less confusing? But if I want to create different layouts have the coressponding sections apear in the styles tab?

Also, I was looking for a header.html.twig file (as in Helium the header section has a background image and background overlay section) and i wanted to copy that for another section and add it to the custom folder but cannot find where that is.
    • This is our Web Tech Plus Team account. Advice, design and other things are what we do, thanks for your help and understanding.
    • Web Tech Plus
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Different style tab for different layouts

• Think I figured out the solution to the final paragraph. There is only a section.html.twig file. For example, the header, to add the background image you's create a _header.scss file and add $header-background and apply it to the background property, is that correct?

Still don't know about the other stuff though
    • This is our Web Tech Plus Team account. Advice, design and other things are what we do, thanks for your help and understanding.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please note that by answering your own post you take yourself out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response - it's better to edit your original post so this does not happen.

1. No you can't remove certain sections from the styles tab for a specific outline - it applies to all outlines in that template.

2. I wouldn't bother trying to add configuratble options in the styles tab... instead just use CSS to add the background image.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Web Tech Plus
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Will keep that in mind for next time

Thanks for your answer, I was trying to set up a template with maybe 4 outlines or so with different sections to use as a base where other members on the team could come in and quickly style things how they want rather than getting into the CSS. Have learnt a couple of tricks with G5 so might try and include them into processes going forward

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds