0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry Helium - Virtuemart 3 - Particle Duplication Problem

• JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

SOLVED Gantry Helium - Virtuemart 3 - Particle Duplication Problem

Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    • Hello,

SITE: https://z01fd.hosts.cx/categories/user/editaddresscartBT.html - scroll down and try using the State selector.

I'm getting a conflict with the Virtuemart registration form with the "State" select field - it will not work. I've tried switching the default template from Helium to Protostar and the conflict disappears, meaning Virtuemart is working fine. I've tried switching off the available jquery functions from the Virtuemart backend but nothing works. Have spent all day trouble shooting this. Tried turning off all plugins (very few installed), doesn't work.

Joomla 3.8.8
      Virtuemart 3.2.14
      Php 7.1.18
      Memory limits turned way up on server

Anyone have a solution?

Thank you in advance!
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by JSYMedia.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Gantry Helium - Virtuemart 3 - Particle Duplication Problem

• Gantry doesn't use jQuery or any other 3rd party JS library. Some of Helium's particles might use jQuery; like the Owl Carousel particle... try and narrow down which particle you think it's in conflict with.

You have a TON of errors in console due to it looks like using duplicate forms on the page; you should resolve those errors before you proceed.

To see your console errors:
      Chrome: Settings > More Tools > Developer Tools > Console
      Mozilla: Settings > Developer > Web Console
    • The following users have thanked you: JSYMedia

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

• Thanks for your reply.

I'm only using Module Instance, Logo/Image, Custom HTML and Menu particles. I've turned them all off and no change.

The errors your seeing are that Virtuemart and Joomla are both using id numbers for different fields, or so I've been reading. Makes no sense because there's no Joomla forms being used on that page. It shouldn't be an issue as all is working with Protostar.

Any other thoughts? I appreciate your time, thank you.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• None of those Particles loads any JS.

I don't see any jQuery errors in console either; even after clicking on the state selector.

So I don't believe the title of this post is correct; rather you're just not seeing the state list populate... i think you need to clear up all your duplicate form IDs, certainly seems to me that could be at the heart of your issue.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Matt.

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

• The problem is clearly with the Helium template.

I just now installed the Rockettheme Isotope template and it works perfectly. Protostar works perfectly. Firefox inspector console doesn't even see these id duplicates. Virtuemart sees this as a non-issue.

I've spent over 80 hours designing this client's site with Helium and am now stuck because of this error. My client is on the verge of firing me because of the extra amount of time I've needed (not a problem with Gantry or Helium, it's been a Virtuemart/Joomla version 1 migration). The point is, I'm on the edge of losing this client and now I'm stuck with this Helium problem.

How can I remedy this? Clearly there's a problem with Helium.

I've left Isotope template as the default to demonstrate that it's working. I can't redesign the site around Isotope because the client won't stand for it.
    • JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

• Actually, Bees, Protostar and Isotope don't throw the duplicate id errors in the inspector console, only Helium does. The State form works fine in all templates but Helium. Please see attached screen pics.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Ok, so would you agree that the duplicate form IDs are at the root of the issue?

There's nothing special about Helium... my guess is that you're simply outputting the form twice in your Helium setup and when you toggle to other Templates you don't have that same config...

Create a new Outline or carefully inspect the one you're using... do have a Module Position Particle that's duplicated somewhere? Are you assigning a VM thing in the Module Manager AND on your G5 Layout?

• JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

• Thank you thank you thank you. Really appreciate you sticking in there with me, Matt.

Just as you said, I had two particles using Page Content. USER ERROR!!

I've been a proponent of Gantry Rockettheme for over 10 years and I'm stickin' with you!

I've changed the topic title.

Thanks again.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Cheers :)

If a thread is solved please edit your *original / first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)

• JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

• Done.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds