Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED My SNAFU - Changing presets. Clone? Inherit?

• JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

SOLVED My SNAFU - Changing presets. Clone? Inherit?

Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    • My first site with Gantry 5. Perhaps a mistake on how I created or duplicated pages from the start. Now having a bit of 'trouble' smoothly changing to a new preset.

EX: Chose Preset 2 Dark, Now want to use Preset 2 Light.
      I can apply this to a selected menu page, and the page changes. So far not a problem, this would be pretty simple to do for all pages/menus.
      But, I want to change the colors in the color scheme, so I did this on one of the pages (default menu) and the page changes. So that is OK.
      However, I'd like to know how to do this globally. I actually started to edit a second page manually and I can't imagine having to do this for evey page.

Is there a way to get the pages linked up to one so they inherit settings?

www.jem-hyogo.com

Cheers!
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by JEM.
    • Thanks,
      jim
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED My SNAFU - Changing presets. Clone? Inherit?

• Anything change don the "styles" tab of the base outline will automatically pe picked up by any other outline (UNLESS you have specifically created overrides in another outline to prevent that happening). So, you change the preset once in the base outline and all the other outlines will get that change too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: JEM

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED My SNAFU - Changing presets. Clone? Inherit?

• PERFECT!!

I can stop banging my head on the keyboard now.

Solved.
    • Thanks,
      jim

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds