Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla 2.5.28 to 3.5.1 Migration

• spok

SOLVED Joomla 2.5.28 to 3.5.1 Migration

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • Hi all,

I just finished migration as mentioned above - not too late, hopefully ;-)))

To compare origin and destination both installations run in parallel at the moment.

At the 2.5.28 installation I use Gantry 4.1.21 together with Ximenia responsive V1.3.
      At the 3.5.1 instalation I use Gantry 4.1.34 together with the same Template.

Gantry 4.1.34 has been installed again after migration, the template has been migrated together with the Joomla core.

If I have a look at the template manager settings, all are identical.

However The result ist not ...

While the origin is working correctly, the destination site only shows menu items at the navigation positions of the template, but nothing else.

When I drive the mouse across the page, I can see the links showing up, both for showcase articles and for navigation menues. I'm able to click on the links, but don't get any content to see.

The same effect is true for the visible navigation menues in the navigation positions of the template: clicking on a link shows no content.

Any idea what might happen, and how to solve this?

Regards
    • Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by spok.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Joomla 2.5.28 to 3.5.1 Migration

• Why J3.5.1 that is eons out of date ? current version is J3.6.4

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • spok

• Hi Mark,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I cannot post login data, because I made a copy of the live site to a local development installation to test upgrade there.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Giving me pages of code doesn't really help.

It's the installer that is giving you issues and that will not work on J3.5.1 - you need to update Joomla to J3.8.6 first before attempting to do any template or Gantry updates.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • spok

• Hi again Mark,

this means, you want to tell me, I should migrate to Joomla 3.8, install Gantry 4.1.34 and then install the template Ximenia?

I agree, the installer of the template seems to be the problem. But as we want to keep Ximenia, will the template installer work better with Joomla 3.8?

Regards from Bavaria
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Do you migration.
      Update joomla from 3.5.1 to J3.8.6
      Update gantry to 4.1.34
      Update Ximenia to v1.10 (latest) - use "standalone" package - be careful to use the ximenia type you are currently using (fixed or responsive version).

Yes the installer and ximenia and Gantry all work on J3.8.6

Regards, Mark.
    • spok

• Hi Mark,

thanks a lot, I will give that a try.

Have a nice day

Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok please let us know the outcome.

If your issue is now solved, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

If you can't edit the first post this will be because it is more than 7 days old, so please reply stating that the topic can be closed and a moderator will do this for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • spok

• Hi Mark,

all is fine now, thanks.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds