Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry Font Error

• SOLVED Gantry Font Error

Posted 6 years 1 week ago
    • This may be an easy fix but wanted to get some input on why this may be occuring. When our site loads I get 3 console errors

GET dev.mobilityworks.com/wp-content/themes/...Medium-webfont.woff2 net::ERR_ABORTED
      nextend-webfontloader.min.js?1514489897:1
      GET dev.mobilityworks.com/wp-content/themes/...egular-webfont.woff2 net::ERR_ABORTED
      a @ nextend-webfontloader.min.js?1514489897:1
      (anonymous) @ nextend-webfontloader.min.js?1514489897:1
      GET dev.mobilityworks.com/wp-content/themes/...o-Bold-webfont.woff2 404 (Not Found)

It seems simply that it's looking for these fonts in the custom folder directory
      /wp-content/themes/mbw_hydrogen/custom/fonts/

Instead of just the fonts director, which is where these fonts are
      /wp-content/themes/mbw_hydrogen/fonts/

I figure I could simply copy these fonts into the custom directory, but I guess I'm wondering why this is happening as this is the default setting in the gantry core styles so not sure why it tries to look into the custom directory. Thanks for any help here on best pratice.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry Font Error

• Are you using the latest version of the hydrogen template? we added the missing woff2 font files a while ago?

Actually... "nextend" is a third-party slider? check the fonts are not missing from that too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry Font Error

• It's an older version of the theme for sure, probably from a few years ago from when we first setup. If we wanted to try and use the latest version of theme I take it we would just need to make note of any tweaks we've made to core files and backup our /custom/ directory.

I know the gantry plugin updates often, how often does the theme update and is there a change log by chance for the theme itself? So I could review. Thinking if there has been any major updates/improvements it may be worth us to test it and manually move over our custom tweaks.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry Font Error

• Re: SOLVED Gantry Font Error

• I updated the theme and copied back over our tweaks and that fixed it. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds