Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Adding code to site

• jamesboon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Adding code to site

Posted 6 years 2 weeks ago
    • Hi, I need to add a couple of snippets of code, one is for Mailchimp, I cannot find a way to do this, usually I go to the themes index.php but it seem to not work like this, can anyone help?
      Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Adding code to site

• What gantry?
      what template?
      What sort of code? script or html?

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • jamesboon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Template is Anteres and it's the latest version of Gantry, the snippet is Javcascript from Mailchimp
      Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• If it's just a script - base outline > page settings > header > assets > javascript.

If it actually renders something then you will need to put it into a customhtml particle on the layout.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • jamesboon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thanks, I have now done that and the code appears in the source code, but Mailchimp doesn't see it, I will email them and ask about it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok let us know the outcome.

If your issue is now solved, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

If you can't edit the first post this will be because it is more than 7 days old, so please reply stating that the topic can be closed and a moderator will do this for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • jamesboon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I'll get all the info off Mailchimp then put it as solved, hopefully it'll be useful for others :)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok thanks.

If your issue is now solved, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

If you can't edit the first post this will be because it is more than 7 days old, so please reply stating that the topic can be closed and a moderator will do this for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • jamesboon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Mailchimp just said:

"Thank you for contacting support. I understand you are having trouble connecting your site to MailChimp and I can provide some insight here.

With that said, in this case we simply provide the script code to be placed just before closing the </head> tag. You can remove the tag and paste again however the setup is pretty straight forward in being that the code will either be compatible or not compatible, there is no adjustment we can make i'm afraid to force compatibility."

So, no luck there then!

I have used the method you described to insert Add This code and it worked, so not sure what's going on
    • Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by jamesboon.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Wow they're really helpful eh?

What is the exact code that you are adding please?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by MrT.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds