Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Issue with Article Tabs Gantry 5

• SOLVED Issue with Article Tabs Gantry 5

Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hi All

Something I noticed with my site. Im using the articles tabs in my homepage. I can select a category for the articles. So for example news is pulling the stories from the news category. However for the 2 other categories I have created and placed articles into, it will show the preview but not link to the article page

I'm lost as to why it wont load the article page!

Login details in secure area.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Issue with Article Tabs Gantry 5

• You article are ophaned or "menuless" and therefore open in the default menmu item (home page). Since your home page doesn't have a "page content" particle on the layout of the outline associated with it then nothing shows.

This is normal Joomla behaviour for "orphaned" or "menuless" articles. To get around this use the hidden-menu technique.

Create a MENU called "hidden" (no need to create a module to place it anywhere). In the hidden menu, create a MENU ITEM for each of the orphaned articles (single article type) and make sure these menu items are published. Now the hidden menu won't appear on any of your pages, but, the articles will now open in their own page. You can also use the same technique and create a hidden category blog menu item to pick up multiple articles too, thus saving having to create a hidden menu item for every article.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Justin R Dawson

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Issue with Article Tabs Gantry 5

• Many thanks Mark!

As always you are prompt with your response and something always simple which makes me feel foolish!

Appreciate your help!

Regards
      Justin

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds