Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How can i create a new fresh Gantry Template?

• Andre

SOLVED How can i create a new fresh Gantry Template?

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • Hey guys,

first i want to thank you for your work on Gantry 5 and Grav. These Tools are very awesome and it's a pleasure to work with it. I'm a Webdesigner from Germany and i want to develope my own Theme for Gantry 5, so that this can be used with Grav or Joomla. Which is the best prectease to start with a new "theme project"? I would like to start with a clear theme and avoid duplicating or adapting an existing one. Like the fresh and clean theme installation in Grav.

What ist the best practise to develope a new theme?

Have a nice day.
      Pixelpaule
    • Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Andre.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED How can i create a new fresh Gantry Template?

• Andre

• Hey Damir,

thanks for your fast reply. I already know the documentation and have read it almost completely. I mostly understood how Gantry 5 or Grav work. But i want to develope my own clean theme, with its own features, frameworks, plugins and extensions. Maybe with extensions from other developers, too?! That's why I'm trying to find out what a Theme minimally needs to work with Gantry 5. I would like to make my themes available to others.

Which files, configs, css-stylings, twig-files, js-files, php files or classes/controllers, framworks and so on are at least necessary with it, that Gantry 5 works with a new developed theme.

If i would use an existing Theme like Helium, which files would be overwritten when updating Gantry 5 if i have to make core hacks in the exisiting theme files? I know that i can make overrides in the /custom folder, but I would like to know which files could possibly be overwritten by a Gantry 5 update.

How do other themes developers work with gantry?

Correct me please if I have misunderstood or overlooked something from the documentation. :)

Have a nice Day.
      Pixelpaule
    • Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Andre.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Andre

Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hey,

sorry that i don't reply earlier. I've understand you and i have start my work with a Base Skeleton by using the Helium Theme. Everything works fine!

Have a nice day!

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds