Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How to change the absolute fonts sizes values

• Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED How to change the absolute fonts sizes values

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • By working on a large number of articles (in a old 1.5 jooomla website that I ugraded to the latest 3.8+Gantry5 with a citadel template) in which there are the style settings writed into the html code, I ask if it'a possible to insert the absolute size values in my custom style sheet, so to do not have to correct all individual articles but force a unique style all these integrated fonts settings.

I was thinking of a style tag like this:
      /*force the fonts absolute values*/
      xx-small, x-small, small, medium, large, x-large, xx-large {
      	font-size: 1rem !important;
      	line-height: normal !important;
      }
    • Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Riccardo.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED How to change the absolute fonts sizes values

• What you've written can't work because you have written it expecting things like "xx-small" to be an html tag - which it is not.

Those items are actually attribute values for font-size (which is applied to an html element). So if you actually wanted to do something like that you would need to create some classes that you could then style. Those classes would havbe to be applied to html elements.

e.g.

CSS:
      .xx-small {
          font-size: xx-small;
      }

HTML:
      <p class="xx-small">
         your text.
      </p>

If you are actually trying to change what the attribute value of "xx-small" means then you can't - "xx-small" is one attribute value for "font-size" and "1rem" is another.

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_font_font-size.asp

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Riccardo

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED How to change the absolute fonts sizes values

• What a bummer! I was convinced that these were variables that could be set by the style sheet. I was hoping for a central and unique intervention without having to waste hours of work to modify every single item.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds