0 items Join Now

SOLVED Removing Style Presets?

• safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

SOLVED Removing Style Presets?

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • Hi
      Have been trying to see how to remove Style Presets from a RT G5 WP Theme?
      Any help appreciated as Style presets are not needed for the work we are doing with one of the non-profits we support.
      We have created our own style settings etc.

Thanks so much

Andrew
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by safeworld4women.
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Removing Style Presets?

• Gantry 5 admin > menu > remove style particle from layout.

disable "styles" menu item

disable Gantry 5 preset widget.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi Mark

Bit confused! Am working in Worldpress.
      Am using Proton
      You wrote
      Gantry 5 admin > menu > remove style particle from layout.
      I can't find this!

Found a preset.yaml file in the gantry folder in the template?
      Haven't found a style particle or preset widget?

Best
      Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Proton theme??? Do you mean Protean?

See screenshot.

In Gantry 5 amind > menu - click on the styles menu item and this will reveal it's children. The custom html particle contains the styles dropdown code so you can just remove it.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Yep Protean

Actually what I meant was these presets. The presets that are installed with the theme.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Hence my confusion re your reply!

Sorry

Andrew
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Why do you want to remove those? As soon as you do a template update they'll all get added back again. But if your really want to do it then yes, presets.yaml is the file contents that you have to change. /rp-content/themes/rt_protean/gantry/presets.yaml - remove line 81 onwards.

Regards, Mark.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thanks Mark
      Reason is that I may pass over admin to someone else and thye might accidentally click on one of the presets
      Best

Andrew
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Well ok, I still wouldn't do it though, I can never recommend changing original template files and presumably your other administrator can update the template too, so you'd then be back to square one anyway.

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: SOLVED Removing Style Presets?

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • My two cents worth, is it would be good if there was functionality in the settings to choose to hide the presets panel, and then if there were an update to the theme, the panel would still be hidden. It is a risk that someone will go in and choose one of the other presets. I usually choose one of the presets to start with, and then from there all the other presets are redundant.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • Thank you for you suggestion - please raise a ticket on the Gantry 5 github project for that, if enough people agree then I'm sure that could be implemented. https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues .

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds