Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED updating gantry fatal error

• Martin

SOLVED updating gantry fatal error

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • hi I am trying to update an old joomla site Joomla 2.5.28
      prior to this i am trying to update the extensions and gantry is throwing the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JInstallerPackage::getManifest() in MYSERVER/tmp/install_RANDOMNUMBERSinstall.php on line 75

gantry update from 4.1.29 to 4.1.33, using the extensions updater

I can also see a warning in the extension manager:
      Gantry Library
      Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in MYSERVER/administrator/components/com_installer/views/manage/view.html.php on line 104

Not sure if related of not.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED updating gantry fatal error

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • If you want to upgrade from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.x these are the steps to follow:

1. backup backup backup!
      2. make sure that you meet the system requirements for J3.x (min php 5.3.10).
      3. check that al RT products are on latest versions (gantry, rt extensions and template) update any that aren't and clear server cache and browser cache. Check that RT template you are using is compatible with Joomla 3.x http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates-compatibility-matrix . You can check all current version numbers in extension manager > manage. Please note if you are using "mission control" admin template that you need to uninstall this by following these special instructions http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/missioncontrol-joomla-admin-template/235181-important-information-about-uninstalling-mission-control .
      4. check all your third-party extensions are up to date and that they are compatible with J3.x
      5. test test test! to make sure anything you updated does still work ok
      6. backup backup backup!
      7. disable "system - remember me" plugin in extension manager > plugins
      8. update to J3.x and clear server and browser cache again.
      9. test test test!
      10. backup backup backup!
      11. re-enable "system - remember me" plugin.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Martin

Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    • Thanks. Still not able to update gantry same error message.

All roc plugins updated with exception of rokupdater which i can't find where to get an update. I am on version 1.0.8. I am guessing there is an issue here as the authentication to rocket themes is not working. When i put the username and password in a get this returned:
      [object object]

No progress so far any assistance would be great.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Uninstall rokupdater completely - it is no longer required as all our extensions are free.

No sure why you are getting a warning message about G4.1.29 if you updated it to 4.1.33? You do need to be on 4.1.33.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Martin

• Hi Mark,
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok I hope you have backup that you can restore to again because site admin access is broken at the moment.

But fear not if you haven't I just need PHPmyadmin access to disable an extension.

Ok so once I have a site I can get back into this will be the steps to take.

1. uninstall jomdefender
      2. uninstall epsilon template as you are not using it.
      3. uninstall "xxxxxx" (the anacron template copy you have of your domain name in extensions manager > manage) as you're not using it and it is anacron v1.0
      4. download and install latest anacron template in extensions manager
      5. do extensions manager > database > FIX
      6. do extensions manager > discover - tick all it finds and click "install".
      7. do components > joomla update and update to v3.x
      8. download and install Gantry 4.1.33

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by MrT.
  • Re: SOLVED updating gantry fatal error

• Hi MrT,

I have the very same problem.
      We are hosting a Joomla Installation 2.5.28 of our customer which will not migrate to Joomla 3.X (I know, it's a bad decision but out of our influence)
      But when I try to install the Gantry 4.1.33 Update I'm always getting the same error message.
      Fatal error: Call to undefined method JInstallerPackage::getManifest() in /home/USER/public_html/tmp/install_59ca3fa678b08/install.php on line 75

Regarding your prior posts in this thread I uninstalled all unused templates and search for rokupdater - which is not installed.
      But I'm still not able to update the Gantry Framework.

Can you please help me with this?
      Thanks in advance.
      With kind regards
      René Glanzer
    • Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by OASE Software GmbH. Reason: hiding user folder name
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Gantry 4.1.33 cannot be installed in J2.5. We no longer support Joomla 2.5. The Gantry installer uses functionality only avaialble in Joomla 3.x.

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: SOLVED updating gantry fatal error

• Hi MrT,

ah I see.
      Thank you. So we cannot update Gantry to the latest version in this out of support Joomla version.
      Make sense :-)

Thank you, for your input.
      With kind regards
      René Glanzer
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Your client is taking a huge risk by continuting to insist on using J2.5. It's no longer supported by Joomla or RT, which means there are no security patches for it any longer and it does have a large number of serious security issues. Therefore, they are running a high likelihood that they will be hacked at some point.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by MrT.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds