Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server

• SOLVED You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

How can i fix this error it has happened on at least 4 installs and latest one is a new hosting package.

alan
      acstede design
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server

• 403 means that you don't have access to that folder or files. It is usually because either:

1. You have htaccess preventing this (which may in turn be because you installed Akeeba admin tools and created the htaccess via that).
      2. You are using apache2handler instead of cgi/fastCGI and arenot using an FTP account and therefore the ownership on the files and folders is incorrect.
      3. You have some overzealous rules in your suhosin or mod_security

You host should be able to assist you with any of these issues.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server

• Hi MrT

Thank you. It was a straight install from your rockettheme files. I will check with host.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server

• Ok let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server

• Response from hosting company, maybe useful to others

Thank you for contacting UK2 support. I am sorry to hear that you were having trouble editing your Joomla Theme. I am happy to help. I was able to reproduce the error and I see that it was our ModSecurity protection that was blocking your ability to edit the Layout of your theme.

I believe I have disabled the rule, however there may be other rules preventing updates to your Admin section of your site. If you encounter any other errors, please update this ticket with the steps to reproduce so that we can assist you in troubleshooting the issue.

alan
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• :) Great I was correct then. I'm glad you got it working and thanks for sharing the resolution.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds