Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Error with Installation

• Maria Dacus
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Web Site Designer/Administrator

SOLVED Error with Installation

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Sorry, I looked first, but didn't see a fix. When I try to install Gantry 5, I receive this error:

PHP 5.3.29 is not supported. Minimum required version is PHP 5.4.0, but it is highly recommended to use PHP 5.5.9 or later version.

Error installing package

I have Joomla 3.4.1 and my other extensions are all up to date. Not sure what other information you need, but I can provide back end access if that would help.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Maria Dacus.
    • When solved, please modify your original post and add (SOLVED) into the subject AND change your icon to the green check.  This helps people know they can find a solution in your post if they have the same problem.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Error with Installation

• It means that your server does not have a high enough php version to support gantry 5 - so you need to ask your hosting company to upgrade your php version to at least php 5.4.x

http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/basics/system-requirements

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Maria Dacus
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Web Site Designer/Administrator

• Thank you. For some reason, I read the error like Gantry was trying to use a lower version of PHP than my server had available. I didn't even think about the error being the other way around. It's fine now. I updated my php and it installed fine. Do you recommend updating PHP when available or only if it "breaks" something? How does this effect security and speed?
    • When solved, please modify your original post and add (SOLVED) into the subject AND change your icon to the green check.  This helps people know they can find a solution in your post if they have the same problem.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Don't just update php for the sake of it - update it if you need to and avoid "cutting edge" versions - wait until all the bugs have been ironed out before updating. php 5.6 is reportedly faster but it's also cutting edge, so i'd wait a little while longer before going to that version.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Maria Dacus

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds